Thread: Alignment work.

Alignment work.

I am doing some control arm replacement on my Rs6 and C5 a6 2.7t and as far as the alignment is concerned, is it only the tierod that can be adjusted as I do not see any concentric bolts. I read in one place about maybe the subframe can be adjusted?

I have run into a problem with getting the front lower control arm out. It is seized at the ball joint section and when I loosened the but, it snapped right off with part of the bolt in it as well. I have tried a ball joint separator, pickle forks and air gun with no luck. I assume I should maybe try a heat torch next?

I have now tried a torch to it and it will not budge. Is it possible that it is so seized in, I will need to replace the whole knuckle

As an update, I had the removed the entire knuckle and despite throwing everything at it, the front lower control arm will not come out and it severely seized in the knuckle. As a note to anyone who decides to replace their lower control arms, in order to get the rear lower control arm bolt from the subframe out, you have to lower the entire subframe as there is no way to get the bolt out passed the body of the car or the fuel lines that run by without doing it.