Thread: Esteemed Group - Need you help fix or part

Mech Esteemed Group - Need you help fix or part

All,
    I have been a proud RS6 owner since 2005 and now have a 21 as well. My son has been driving the beast and I have been spending way too much money keeping it alive, but I do love it so.

Well I need your help. A few months ago I was getting an engine code and I took it to a local shop that knows Porsches and would work on things like breaks etc for me. Before I would use the dealership or USP in Coral gables but I am in Tampa so I was trying to avoid the travel. I was hoping it was just the tensioner, but they could not figure it out. Frankly not sure they wanted to.
    17755 - Camshaft Position Sensor 2 (G163) / Engine Speed Sensor (G28)
    P1347 - 001 - Incor. Correl.

They had the car for a while and said it drive fine and they couldn't find the issue. When I went to get it they had let the battery drain and they had it on a charger. Frankly i am not sure they did anything but lets move past that. I brought the car home put it on the charger and I was going to drive it to see how it was running. I took it to the store, about a mile away, got there no problem but on the way back it started to sputter. They it died at the light near my house. I was able to get it restarted, it was running rough, but got close to home and was able to get some friends to push it into the driveway, where it sits today.

It was weird that now the battery charges but the car will NOT turn over. I ran the codes and have them attached here. I know if I crack this open it will be another $10k. Over the years I have put well over double the cost of the car including a new tranny a few years ago. new coil overs last year, new alternator etc. I love this car but it is over 100k and becoming a pain.

Can you look at this log and let me know what you think it might be, the non turning over has me thinking something blew, ECU? Also if the answer is dont fix I might need some help on where and how to sell it for the very valuable parts.
    Thanks all in advance. Stuart
    Log-WUAPV54B63N905412.pdf
    Last edited by stubro; June 6th, 2023 at 17:22.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

When was the timing belt last done?
    Does it crank?

Right now no. Battery is charged but nothing is happening when I turn the key.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

How many total miles on the car? Appears either the timing belt is off a notch or more or if the timing chains have been replaced recently one is possibly off a tooth. If it is a real high mileage car maybe a chain is stretched but that would be a stretch. Read this thread on how to log your camshafts, easier to read this than me trying to explain it.
    https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/3...position-range
    Pull off those front plasitc covers and check the timing marks.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Well after having it looked and getting access to the engine the block is seized. So I will start another thread on how bes to dispose of her. Sad sad day. 22 years. Too young

Well took it to the dealer and they took it apart and this is the case.
    So it looks like the rs6 jumped time and bent valves in cylinders 7,8. It actually broke off the valves in cylinders 5,6. So for sure you are gonna need a new cylinder head and at least 3 pistons. Looks like the belt jumped teeth.
    So will be selling it.