Thread: ABS electronic module removal

ABS electronic module removal

Does anyone have any tips on getting the electronic part of the ABS module removed as I need to send mine off to get repaired. Do I need to remove the drivers side fender liner and the washer fluid tank to get to the lower screws or can I loosen the ABS bracket and move the device enough to get access to the lower screws.

It’s theoretically possible to get it out working only from above if you have just the right tools, but not worth the hassle in my opinion. I managed it once. But I would highly recommend just removing the driver side wheel and fender liner. It will make your life much easier.

Once you have all six screws out, be very careful pulling the electronics module off of the hydraulics side. There are a number of solenoid coils in the electronics side that fit over valve spools on the hydraulics side and you have to slide them straight off to avoid damaging the thin metal strips that connect the coils to the circuit board. Make sure not to pry it sideways or try to pull it out before the coils are completely off the spools. You have to unbolt the bracket that the ABS module is attached to and pry it away from the fender in order to get enough room.

Who are you sending it to for repairs? I’ve been down that route a few times now (two different cars) and have had the best luck with Module Masters. They’re not the cheapest, but they fixed a module that one of the other guys said wasn’t fixable.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

I am sending it to module masters as I have also had a good experience with them in the past. I will then go the route of removal the wheel well liner to get to it. I actually had a leaking windshield washer pump connection so I can get that fixed at the same time.