Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group buy interest for Manual Specific or Auto all Aluminum Radiator. Wizard Cooling

Group buy interest for Manual Specific or Auto all Aluminum Radiator. Wizard Cooling

Figured I would separate this thread. So far Muggy and I are both in for Manual Radiators. The manual Radiator will be the same size as the Auto Radiator so the ATF cooling portion of the circuit will be all used for engine cooling to increase capacity. Being that they are all Aluminum they the Auto radiator should also be a nice improvement over OEM and no plastic side tanks to leak. I actually don't need one now but I know how much the OEM radiators cost so I'm stockpiling it away. This post is for interest to get some rough numbers and I'll see what his price(s) will be. On their website you will see their BMW & Mercedes radiators go for $500~$600 so hoping for 10%~20% depending on group numbers. OEM radiator prices out around $1242.00+ 4B3121251F. If you haven't already check out the other thread here from Performify titled "What's cooler than being cool?" Wizard Cooling website: https://wizardcooling.com/
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

If that price range ends up accurate, then I'd be interested in a manual specific one.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

I'm very excited about this and thanks for organizing! I know how much better my Callaway Rabbit was with just an inexpensive Chinese full aluminum radiator over the stock one...night and day...and I expect nothing less from this for the RS6.

Next question is ETA thoughts, if any yet? As most of you know, I'm in the middle of a 6 speed conversion with the front end off...would be nice to fit before that goes back on. Most likely still many weeks away from this though, so no immediate rush. Probably still 3-4 weeks to get my trans parts, then work on the conversion stuff and motor re-install. That and working 6 days a week, you get my point.

Sent an email.

CW

I'm in, thanks!

Wasn't this being organized by the guy who just got one put in his car?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I'm in, thanks!

Wasn't this being organized by the guy who just got one put in his car?
    Pretty sure that hahnmgh63 took the reigns on setting this up...looking forward to hearing more on delivery time (and price, but I'm in either way!).

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    Pretty sure that hahnmgh63 took the reigns on setting this up...looking forward to hearing more on delivery time (and price, but I'm in either way!).
    Sounds good, just wanted to check as the other guy was rounding up a good amount of folks from some FB groups, the more the better I figure to make it happen and reduce the price.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'd be in for a manual one. Thx
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

lswing, just so we can get more numbers if possible can you point me to the facebook link you're talking about? I'm on the RS6 facebook page, not sure if it was created by you or Gary but I don't see any posts on there. Mark
    Roy, WA

Got this back from Wizard Cooling:
    "Mark,
    The automatic radiators would have a 10" center to center transmission cooler in them with 1/4" NPT fittings...meaning there will be some fab work required.
    I would make sure the automatic guys understand that fully before committing to anything."
    That may be some of the Modificatioons Performify was talking about, the oil cooler inlet/outlet connections for the ATF. That would affect you Cornerswell & Lswing. Can ask Performify what he used for adapters or where he got them from? Mark
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Got this back from Wizard Cooling:
    "Mark,
    The automatic radiators would have a 10" center to center transmission cooler in them with 1/4" NPT fittings...meaning there will be some fab work required.
    I would make sure the automatic guys understand that fully before committing to anything."
    That may be some of the Modificatioons Performify was talking about, the oil cooler inlet/outlet connections for the ATF. That would affect you Cornerswell & Lswing. Can ask Performify what he used for adapters or where he got them from? Mark
    Mark,

Here's the info to the FB site and post, by George V, March 24th 2020. It's a bit of a scroll but all the comments and interested parties are there.

Group is Audi RS6 Builds and Performance, lots of good info and not just people posting pics of the new cars.

Hmmm, if he's not going to make Automatic specific radiators I might be out, didn't realize that. I would assume they could do the fab work in house to make them ready for an automatic before shipping out if interested in making the sales.

Any estimate on weight savings versus stock radiator ?
    I have auto tranny, but we added a separate oil cooler for the transmission, and are using the stock shared cooler for engine oil only now.
    Which alum rad. version would I need ?
    Thanks,
    Ivan

Maybe I read it wrong before, but Wizard already has made the auto spec radiator. So I'm in 100% if we can get a few people, Mark not sure if you want to organize the manual and auto group buy, or maybe I could try and cover the auto side of things?

https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/3...han-being-cool

lswing, I'm trying to see if we can group both into one buy to get our total numbers up. I heard through the Grapevine that a certain individual was charge almost $1000 for his radiator. Maybe because at that time it was a one-off? Like I said above, there Merc & BMW radiators seem to be going in the $400~$600 range?
    Eurovintage, I don't think there is going to be any weight savings. Your stock radiator has an Aluminum core but has plastic crimped on side tanks. These will most likely weight slightly more but have more cooling capacity. When you added the separate cooler for the transmission did you pipe it in along the cooling lines to the radiator or did you bypass the radiator's ATF cooling circuit?
    Roy, WA

We bypassed the ATF fluid completely using the new cooler.
    The engine oil is running through the original cooler inf full.
    Cheers,
    Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    lswing, I'm trying to see if we can group both into one buy to get our total numbers up. I heard through the Grapevine that a certain individual was charge almost $1000 for his radiator. Maybe because at that time it was a one-off? Like I said above, there Merc & BMW radiators seem to be going in the $400~$600 range?
    Eurovintage, I don't think there is going to be any weight savings. Your stock radiator has an Aluminum core but has plastic crimped on side tanks. These will most likely weight slightly more but have more cooling capacity. When you added the separate cooler for the transmission did you pipe it in along the cooling lines to the radiator or did you bypass the radiator's ATF cooling circuit?
    Sounds good, thanks for going over all this. Cost is just fine as OEM is now going for around $1,250-1,500. My concern is it seems like the first guy that got one had to weld on his own fittings, as in the radiators are not truly complete, but I may be wrong. I'd be happy to pay $750-1k for a complete radiator ready to plug and play.

Bringing this back up....I'd like to get rolling on this...how's the GB looking? I've had enough hang ups with parts, so I'd prefer to have the radiator on deck when the time comes...

I'll hit Wizard up again. He doesn't seem to be good about replying.
    Roy, WA