Thread: RS6 spares, transmissions, TCU, axles, motor mounts, etc.

Threaded View

RS6 spares, transmissions, TCU, axles, motor mounts, etc.

Hey Everyone...
    As many of you probably saw on my recent F/S listing, I sold my beloved RS6 recently. I loved the car and it was like taking my dog to the pound when driving to pick up the new owner at the airport...knowing that it was something that needed to be done, and hoping that the new owner would love and care for it the way I did...[o_o]

In any case, with the 6 speed conversion that I did on the car, it left me with a few spares that the new owner did not want or need, so I'm listing up for sale...looking like I'm out of the Audi game for good at this point, no reasonable offers will be refused. Hoping to not ship some of the larger parts, but can negotiate as needed based on cost/effort.

First up is a custom built 01E TDI 6 speed. This was done by Advanced Automotion several years ago for another RS6 owner doing the "ultimate" build for his car. Long story short, his builder ruined his car in storage, so he liquidated any spares that he had still in his possession. I think he does still have a set of $10k+ build RS6 heads, so let me know if you need his contact info on these. Unfortunately, I did take a gamble on this myself, but after conversations and knowing the piles of cash that he was throwing at high end parts, I feel that the transmission was no exception...that said, I do not have any documentation on this other than hear-say and photos of it in my garage. I paid $4k plus crated shipping, but open to reasonable offers and would be willing to ship again via freight carrier.

Known Specs:
    01E TDI 6 speed
    Custom gearing to increase the top speed in 1st gear (known flaw for high horsepower cars doing a transplant)
    Larger S4 sump, increasing oil capacity
    Wavetrac LSD installed
    Includes shift linkage parts

Next up, I have 2 RS6 automatic transmissions...one that I picked up for a spare that had about 100k on it, plus the one I removed from my car for the conversion with 106k on it. I have the torque converters for both, would make an excellent donor/spare to have rebuilt prior to pulling yours out if you are having problems. That said, both "should" be fine to install as-is. Mine was fine when removed, but turned into a bigger project when rebuilding turbos, etc...For these, honestly, I'd rather send to the scrap guy instead of shipping...they are very heavy! I'm happy to donate 1 or both of these as freebies to a happy home for anyone willing to pick up in Annapolis, MD (or can meet in Balto/DC area to deliver).

Going down the list...rebuilt axles for the S6/RS6 automatic...done by Raxles, in great shape. Looking for $250 shipped for the pair. Update...Raxles sold....

Moving down the list...Stock RS6 TCU. This was removed from my RS6 when doing the conversion...has the tape on it because the little aluminum tabs break when you open it up, which I did early in my ownership to see if it had a tune chip in it or not. I was the one to open originally, so it's in known good condition in stock form. Looking for $150 shipped.

Next...a set of Stern Motor Mounts. I have the 034's in the car, and these came with the 01E spare trans...they include the resistors to keep your check engine light off for the active mounts. I was told that these were the "medium" firmness, so not rock solid, but somewhat forgiving as an upgrade...Looking for $150 shipped. Note, I will include with the 01E as part of the transmission "package" if the trans sells first.

Next up is a starter for the RS6 automatic transmission...removed with the trans swap, worked fine when removed. Looking for $125 shipped.

Down the list, I have a set of the RS6 Auxiliary Radiators...includes all plumbing associated with them and the little shrouds too. These were not leaking when removed...I chose to delete the Aux system when doing my rebuild. Looking for $125 shipped for all parts shown.

And up next, a heavyweight JHM shift knob. This is the heaviest one that you can get from them...is the screw on version. I decided to ultimately go with the lighter Delrin version on my car, so this one is up for sale. There is a nick in the black powder on the front side of it that faces the dash, so not really noticeable when installed (or touch up with a dab of paint). Looking for $50 shipped on this. Update, shift knob sold...

Coming down the list...Miltek RS6 mufflers...I decided to go with something custom for my setup that gave a little extra rumble. These sound pretty close to the stock "Sport" RS6 exhaust, just a touch louder. I only have the 2 mufflers as shown with the center bracket bar. You'd need to custom fab the connecting pipes, etc. These are 2.75" ID inlet and 2.75" OD outlet. Looking for $200 shipped, mainly because shipping will be a pain on these (I'd cut a great deal for pickup). Update, Miltek sold...

And finally...a set of the ultimate garage tools...QuickJacks! I'm moving to 4x4's so these won't go high enough on what I'm buying and I do not plan on doing any more motor pulls on anything else. These were a godsend when doing the motor pull on the RS6 in a skinny garage...or great for general full car lifts for anything that you need to do with the wheels off the ground. These are some of the heaviest duty ones they sell and are the 7000EXT's. Perfect for a heavy and long wheelbase Audi...I could slip these under a lowered car and get it up to about 20-22" off the ground to the bottom of the sills. Also to note, these are the 12v versions, so very portable as they run off of a car battery or jumper box, no AC power needed! These can hang from the wall, so almost no space needed for storage too! Looking for $1,000.00 picked up only (I paid about $1600 for these, so pretty firm on pricing)...only used a couple of times, so basically brand new condition.

Thanks everyone for taking a look...PM me for a quick response and I'll follow up with a cell/text or email info. Preferred payment methods are cash, PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle.

Peace! ~ Eric
    Last edited by Muggy; June 13th, 2022 at 02:35.