Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 rs6 avant observations

2020 rs6 avant observations

So I've poking around the inter web looking for a new/slightly A6 Allroad 20th Anniversary edition and very few of any flavor for sale. So for fun I did a search of the new RS6 Avant. From first glance it seems that just about every RS6 Avant released in the wild has come home to various dealerships. All super low miles a lot 1000-4000. I didn't bother to check retail but they can't all be hoping for some flip gain can they. What makes someone buy a car like that drive it for a month or three and get rid of it. Just an interesting phenomenon.

Noticed the same thing....amazing how many low mileage RS6s are back with dealers....maybe owners getting sick of seeing
    all the vids and articles about the M5s and E63s eating it's lunch ��....but if you look at it for what it is...super fast avant, it's a great car. Maybe there is an RS6 Plus or Performance coming?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Honestly I had not noticed that since I've not been quite in-tune with the RS6 market these days. But still quite interested since I am about 2-4 weeks out from picking up my 2022 model. Hopefully someone chimes in.... and can persuade me from making a possible mistake.

The reason for this is small dealerships wanting to mark the car up. So they buy new, drive around a bit, then are allowed to sell used (can't buy new and sell new so why not drive it a bit) for $140k seems a common price. Basically trying to make a quick $20k while getting to ride around in the car for a few months. It's not pre-allocated owners turning the car in early.

I could have ordered one if I wanted, my local dealer had 3 open spots. They initially wanted a $25k markup on top of the $120k purchase price from Audi, but after a chat lowered the markup to $15k. Still no need for me to pay them for sitting their asses, and it's too bad AofA allows dealers to scam. Makes the brand look bad...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Well with so many on the market maybe that gamble won't pay off. They don't seem to be blowing off the shelves. There are a couple of them running around the Vail Valley and while I'm sure its a hoot to drive I like the subtleness of the 03 version. To the average Joe an 03 Rs6 looked like almost any other A6. Only the few familiar with the car new what it was. The new version is not subtle. IMHO. Still like to drive one though.

I also much prefer the sound and size of the C5 platform. Cars have ballooned in size so much. I am waiting for the call to go check out the car and make the final decision. Obviously the main reason I'd get the 2022 RS6 is because it is an Avant, and not so much for any other reason. I've always wanted an Avant in my stable. I also have a Taycan GTS Sport Turismo on order in case the new RS6 Avant does not win me over.
    Since Audi has a very special place in my heart, it is likely that it may win me over and this dealership has been great to deal with on both Audi and Porsche products.

Well.... I just couldn't resist getting that Avant. Picking her up Wednesday. So excited.

Lets get some photos up as soon as its in the driveway. What Color did you get?

It is Black exterior, black interior with red stitching, and black optic package. No carbon fiber exterior trim, just same color as the car.
    Sport exhaust, driver assistance package, and executive package.
    I did not have a chance to order per my spec as this was an additional vehicle the dealership was awarded, and luckily I called the Porsche manager on the same building that I have great friendship with, and he put me in contact as the car was not yet spoken for.
    Pics coming as soon as get my hands on the new beastie.

Color me jealous. Rs6 avant is on my short list. Congrats.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Congrats Nene! Still keeping the C5? ��
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Both C5 and C8 are happy sharing garage spaces. Love them side by side like 2 happy beasts.

New cars that don't move, if you put them on the road for very low miles they become very attrictive and get sold immediately.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

The new beast is going for full PPF wrap tomorrow. I am always resistant to the PPF covering and much prefer the Ceramic coating over the paint instead, but I think for this one I will break down and go with full PPF. Once she is out of "surgery" I can get some pics taken.

Before and After Pics would be nice
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

Or pics in general...haha
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

I know, she's only been gone for 1 day and I miss her already.

I love the 22" stock rims, but just too little rubber for the Northeastern roads in the US. I am looking to go down to 21" rims since these appear to be available as an option on some European examples. This is what I am thinking....

HRE's FF04 in 21"

The one change I would go with is to do machined/brushed rim, but the face of the spoke would be polished. The picture below would give you some idea. Still need to check with HRE if that approach is available on the FlowForm configuration.
    I am torn between options from HRE or KlassenID wheels. Both have been great options for the C5. Thanks for any input.

In the end it would be somewhere close to this, but the black would be replaced with machined/brushed. Although black or graphite would also be a choice.
    This is where I got the inspiration to go the route mentioned above.