Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Control Arms Questiion

  1. #1
    Registered User nistah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    538

    Control Arms Questiion

    I feel like I have replaced control arms many many times, car just had timing done and now the next project is to figure out if it is possible to swap out the shot bushings with new polyurethane, if yes which brand are people having good lasting results with? Or is a control arm set with ham joints avaliable? I Will be doing Hotchkiss sway bars front & rear at same time. Input appreciated
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, HRE P43, Michelin PSS NO (Porsche) fitment

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    279
    There are a few sets out there with heim joints...some on just the outer link and some on both ends...

    Here's a set that I picked up from 034 to put on with the 2Bennett coil overs that I picked up from Chase on here a while back...these are supposed to be rebuildable as well with the higher durometer rubber in the one end and the heim joints (full rebuild kit from 034 for both ends).

    https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...a6-s6-rs6.html





    And here's their version with a double heim joint...

    https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...-b5-b6-b7.html

    And a spare set that I have that I got with the coilovers, but decided to go with the 034's (let me know if you may be interested in these for a deal!)...

    https://steinjager.com/shop/index.ph...oduct_id=29433

  3. #3
    Registered User hahnmgh63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    3,204
    I have a set of the older 034 version. I only used them on my car for less than 1k. The lower arms were so free to rotate compared to the OEM rubber that they would teeter back and forth upon acceleration/deceleration and making a knocking sound like a worn out pair of arms do. I'd be curious if the newer version still does the same. The ones I have are just Spherical joints installed in a set of Meyle HD arms, the new ones look like a completely new arm design.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    279
    Good to know...my lower OEM's are good...these are for the uppers only to adjust for the camber. I'm excited to get my set installed with the coils for some real fine tuning on ride height and rebound (plus proper alignment of course!).

    I have the Bilstein struts/shocks with NOS RS6 specific H&R Sport springs...it's good, and was a great quick replacement option at the time for the blown DRC at a great price (from another forum member, never installed before I got them), but ready to step it up now to the next level.
    Last edited by Muggy; November 14th, 2021 at 22:43.

  5. #5
    Registered User nistah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    There are a few sets out there with heim joints...some on just the outer link and some on both ends...

    Here's a set that I picked up from 034 to put on with the 2Bennett coil overs that I picked up from Chase on here a while back...these are supposed to be rebuildable as well with the higher durometer rubber in the one end and the heim joints (full rebuild kit from 034 for both ends).

    https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...a6-s6-rs6.html





    And here's their version with a double heim joint...

    https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...-b5-b6-b7.html

    And a spare set that I have that I got with the coilovers, but decided to go with the 034's (let me know if you may be interested in these for a deal!)...

    https://steinjager.com/shop/index.ph...oduct_id=29433
    Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I have a set of the older 034 version. I only used them on my car for less than 1k. The lower arms were so free to rotate compared to the OEM rubber that they would teeter back and forth upon acceleration/deceleration and making a knocking sound like a worn out pair of arms do. I'd be curious if the newer version still does the same. The ones I have are just Spherical joints installed in a set of Meyle HD arms, the new ones look like a completely new arm design.
    Thanks everyone for the input, Muggy are you offering for sale these: https://steinjager.com/shop/index.ph...oduct_id=29433 ? Hahnmgh63 how/where did you obtain the Spherical joints? I think my car has Meyle front upper and lower arms. I do have the Koni yellow's ready to go at the shop and was thinking to pair those with the OEM springs as I don't want to lower & sold my H&R springs that came with the car. Thanks again for the guidance also if anyone can suggest the correct settings for the Koni setup if the DRC get's ditched thanks!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, HRE P43, Michelin PSS NO (Porsche) fitment

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input, Muggy are you offering for sale these: https://steinjager.com/shop/index.ph...oduct_id=29433 ? Hahnmgh63 how/where did you obtain the Spherical joints? I think my car has Meyle front upper and lower arms. I do have the Koni yellow's ready to go at the shop and was thinking to pair those with the OEM springs as I don't want to lower & sold my H&R springs that came with the car. Thanks again for the guidance also if anyone can suggest the correct settings for the Koni setup if the DRC get's ditched thanks!
    Yeah, I won't be using them...happy to pass them along for the cost if shipping if you are interested as I got them in a package deal with my 2Bennetts at a great price. Still in the original packaging, never installed...

  7. #7
    Registered User nistah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    Yeah, I won't be using them...happy to pass them along for the cost if shipping if you are interested as I got them in a package deal with my 2Bennetts at a great price. Still in the original packaging, never installed...
    For sure I'll take those will be a great add to my ride, please check your PM as I've sent my shipping info and need your preferred method of payment. Thank you sir!!!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, HRE P43, Michelin PSS NO (Porsche) fitment

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    279
    All good...should be to your shop's door today by noon!

  9. #9
    Registered User nistah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    538
    OK car is almost ready to ride out, I need suggestions for front rear lower control arms now is the last item on the list - what brands are people having good longevity with? TIA
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, HRE P43, Michelin PSS NO (Porsche) fitment

  10. #10
    Registered User hahnmgh63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    3,204
    TRW, Lemforder, Meyle HD (only the HD, not regular Meyle). Of course there is 034 Density line.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •