Thread: ISO: DRC Hoses to Shocks

Hybrid View

ISO: DRC Hoses to Shocks

Hello RS6'ers,

I am in search of the DRC hoses that connect into the shocks. Anyone upgrade to coil overs that may have the DRC hoses available?

The front and rear passenger side leaked, and the clunk-in-the-trunk started last week. University Audi in Seattle has no access to replacement hoses through their connections, and I am on the search for NOS or used.

As much as I think the RS is great, the wife LOVES the RS. Even though we upgraded her daily from the RS to an '16 S6, she wants to keep the RS for the foreseeable future, and is concerned about a rougher ride around town going to coil overs. Any coil over options that are close to the original ride if I hit a dead end with replacement hoses?

Let me know, and thanks to the RS6 community for the help.

Cheers,
    Scott
    Topcat_92

For what it’s worth, Bilstein B6 was a pretty reasonable ride (daily city/highway commuter) on stock springs and preserves the same ride height. Originally I was looking for Konis but couldn’t source them at the time.
    Last edited by AudiPilot; October 21st, 2021 at 03:18.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiPilot View Post
    For what it’s worth, Bilstein B6 was a pretty reasonable ride (daily city/highway commuter) on stock springs and preserves the same ride height. Originally I was looking for Konis but couldn’t source them at the time.
    Agreed...I have these with the H&R sport springs, and it's still a very comfortable ride. That said, I did score some 2Bennett coilovers that I'll be installing soon...the Bilsteins are great, but a bit too soft for me at higher speeds, plus not adjustable for the ride height fine tuning.

Unfortunately, I pitched all of my DRC stuff a few years ago when I did these as I never planned on going back to that setup...but with 100k and 17 years on them, I doubt that they would have helped you out anyway as mine were leaking too.

Tracked down the part numbers for the four hoses:
    4b3-616-711
    4b3-616-712
    4b3-616-715
    4b3-616-716
    However, in a quick search the first 5-6 that I had time to click on while at the office shows as no longer available.
    Topcat_92

https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/3...6-on-the-Forum
    https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/2...-Yellow-Sports

Two recent threads about DRC alternatives. A personal view but I wouldn't persist with DRC. The Bilstein or Koni option gives a reliable and very good alternative with standard ride height for the lesser roads.
    2003 Sportec RS6, 2001 Revo RS4, 2000 A4 GP quattro, 1963 Unimog 404 TLF8