Thread: Hifi woes

Hybrid View

Hifi woes

Two issues:

1) Stock head unit won't load or eject CDs anymore - I get Error 3. Is there an easy fox or anyone who repairs the units?

2) I forgot car has Bluestar II bluetooth (call audio is terrible to never used it). CD issue happened as setting out on a 6 hour road trip, so tried BT Music Audio and it worked! Kinda....only has output through the left hand channels. Has anyone seen this before? And where is the BT unit located? Can they be fixed? Replaced?

Thx in advance
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

Does anyone know stock oem head unit part number, and compatibility with other model head units?

This looks almost the same as mine, just SAT and P.Scan buttons are different.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30419194012...torefresh=true

Thx!

Looks like 4B0 035 195 N
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4327.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	19590  

Is this for sale by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by strlgag View Post
    Looks like 4B0 035 195 N

Quote Originally Posted by boca rat View Post
    Is this for sale by any chance?
    Sorry, at this time it is not.

Thanks for finding that!

Thanks for finding that!
    Your Bluetooth unit is under the passenger seat carpet in the foot well. Also, there is a USB cable on the passenger side where the fuse panel would be. The USB cable can be used to change up the settings for the interface.

I have one of these units for sale if anyone is interested… I used it on a GMC, can’t verify its function in Audi.

Update. I poked around eBay etc. for another unit but could only find ones with messed up faceplates (soft touch peeling etc.) and wasn't confident of being able to swap mine over which is darn near perfect. Then widened my search to just Audi Symphony and found a brand new one on ebay for $100, although a non-Sat Radio model (but I don't care about that).

So I bought the radio keys on Amazon, swapped them over and a) all works fine so for, b) sound quality seems much better, c) the Bluestar BT now works through the right channel again, and d) the radio code worked!!

I pulled apart the old unit, got my 5 CDs out (PITA) and got the faceplate off which I will stick up on eBay.

Behind my unit there was a small box with a yellow sticker saying BlitzSafe Advanced Technologies. Does anyone know if this is part of the Bluestar BT kit?

Lastly for future reference, I replaced 4B0 035 195 N with 4B0 035 195 L and so far all works OK. New unit doesn't have a SAT button though, but as I said I don't care about that. BTW The new unit also has a CD changer

Thx for all the help folks.

Update. I poked around eBay etc. for another unit but could only find ones with messed up faceplates (soft touch peeling etc.) and wasn't confident of being able to swap mine over which is darn near perfect. Then widened my search to just Audi Symphony and found a brand new one on ebay for $100, although a non-Sat Radio model (but I don't care about that).

So I bought the radio keys on Amazon, swapped them over and a) all works fine so for, b) sound quality seems much better, c) the Bluestar BT now works through the right channel again, and d) the radio code worked!!

I pulled apart the old unit, got my 5 CDs out (PITA) and got the faceplate off which I will stick up on eBay.

Behind my unit there was a small box with a yellow sticker saying BlitzSafe Advanced Technologies. Does anyone know if this is part of the Bluestar BT kit?

Lastly for future reference, I replaced 4B0 035 195 N with 4B0 035 195 L and so far all works OK. New unit doesn't have a SAT button though, but as I said I don't care about that. BTW The new unit also has a CD changer

Thx for all the help folks.
    yes that box is the Bluestar. There is a USB cable if you pull the plastic access panel on the right side of the dash (opposite the fuse box) that you can hook to a laptop to make adjustments to the Bluetooth unit. The access code should still be set to 0000

Thx for that, @UrS6