Thread: Stock US spec seats to Euro trim transition issues 03 RS6

Stock US spec seats to Euro trim transition issues 03 RS6

I know a few of you guys did that conversion, but i am having issues with Airbag lights on both front seats.

The swap was fairly straight forward, unplugged the battery prior to starting it and made sure the system was de-energized before unplugging anything. Once reinstall was completed, i plugged everything back up but the airbag light was on. After scanning it points to the front seats. Is there something that needs to be wired different to make them work? All the functions of the seats are working, heated seats, power etc.

The one thing i did notice is that there is a total of 5 plugs underneath my stock seats vs 4 on the Euro set. I attributed that to the memories in the door cards (1,2,3) since the Euro one does not have that option. Maybe i was wrong assuming that?

Also, i swapped the stock RS6 interior into my C5 Allroad that also only have 4 plugs vs 5 and zero issues with airbag lights, everything works as it should in the Allroad.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think there are a couple of Euro versions but mine is working. The problem I did have, can't remember the fault though but it maybe yours too, is the seat belt latch attached to the seats in the Euro version has no wire going to it. I wanted to sell my OEM U.S. RS6 seats so I just found a front set on Ebay. You will need to remove the seats to install them. Can't remember where the wire splices into but if you look on your Allroad it should be obvious. Good chance that is your problem.

P.S.
    Doesn't look like we're too far apart if you want to exchange ideas and a beer someday. I'm no expert but I've had my engine/tranny out of the car twice now. First time to install Miltek downpipes, ceramic coat exhaust manifolds, rebuilt turbos (preventitive, they were fine at the time, only 60k miles). Second time was to do the 6spd conversion.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I think there are a couple of Euro versions but mine is working. The problem I did have, can't remember the fault though but it maybe yours too, is the seat belt latch attached to the seats in the Euro version has no wire going to it. I wanted to sell my OEM U.S. RS6 seats so I just found a front set on Ebay. You will need to remove the seats to install them. Can't remember where the wire splices into but if you look on your Allroad it should be obvious. Good chance that is your problem.

P.S.
    Doesn't look like we're too far apart if you want to exchange ideas and a beer someday. I'm no expert but I've had my engine/tranny out of the car twice now. First time to install Miltek downpipes, ceramic coat exhaust manifolds, rebuilt turbos (preventitive, they were fine at the time, only 60k miles). Second time was to do the 6spd conversion.

Thanks for chiming in on this, and it does make sense, since the scan pointed to the seat belts as well. I will look on my Allroad and compare when i get the car back. It is in the shop with a broken sunroof assembly that needs replacing (NLA from Audi and trying to source one) and since the headliner will be out, the sagging Alcantara in the rear is getting redone in the process.

I would love to have a beer and chat for sure, i am in Tacoma. I have yet to see a white RS6, and i would love to hear that exhaust as well to give me ideas. You seem to be a lot more competent then me that's for sure, I have never done major work to it yet, aside from regular maintenance and a timing belt. 6 speed swap is part of the plan with mine, which would involve more work at the same time of course.

Have you reset the airbag module using the VagCom tool? I've had to do that on my second conversion, as well as when I swapped out my steering wheel.
    I don't remember having that issue with my first Euro Recaro change over, but with the second set I had to clear with VagCom.

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Have you reset the airbag module using the VagCom tool? I've had to do that on my second conversion, as well as when I swapped out my steering wheel.
    I don't remember having that issue with my first Euro Recaro change over, but with the second set I had to clear with VagCom.
    Hey thanks for the reply. I do not have a Vagcom and did not reset it when used my friend computer when I get the car back (in the shop for different work). I can have him scan again and reset to see if that would solve it!

Issue resolved! So it is a difference on the seat belts in between Euro and Us specs. There are different Euro models and i got the one that will result in an Seatbelt/airbag light due to a seatbelt sensor (i do not know the exact specifics) After having the car scanned again and given the hint from another C5 forum, you can set it to "the rest of the world" setting on the Vag and it makes the warning light go away.

Good finding and thanks for sharing details back with the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Good finding and thanks for sharing details back with the forum.
    Of course, this forum is great for all the needs of these beasts, found most my info on threads like this.