Quote Originally Posted by tkrtape1 View Post
Very nice 👍🏽, I het mine back this week, new suspension, down pipes , intercoolers… should be a blast.
Yes, all those upgrades at once should make you smile. It's worth mentioning what equipment you had fitted and your thoughts once you get to drive it. Always interested in what brands work well.

I moved my reply to keep the original thread relevant.

I'll very briefly outline my kit below. I'm fortunate that in having a B5 RS4 as well, I don't feel the need to change the character of the RS6 by trying to replicate the RS4 strong points. I like the Limo aspects and it gets a lot of 2000 to 3000 Km trips where it shines. Effortless overtaking

So basically the sedan version of the RS6, purchased with 107,000 Km on the clock. The DRC was shot and there were a lot of very minor issues that needed resolving, missing bolts, screws and clips, replace MAF's and seals, dodgy aftermarket wiring, oiled air filter elements, armrest, install dash and reversing cam, GFB diverter valves, headlight mods, hood lining, daytime running lights, fit P3 gauge, SRP pedal covers from the US (recommended), mobile mount, GPS, fix undertray and new suspension and tyres (Michelin PS4S). That's the highlights and far more work than the few lines indicate.

The car as it stands has a Sportec (swiss for those who don't know the name) minor ECU tune, Sportec TCU, DRC replaced with Bilstein B8 dampers with DRC springs (Works a dream at 200 KPH and on all grades of road) with OEM ride height for potholes and speed bumps. Wagner intercoolers fitted and full 3 inch Milltek turbo back non cat race exhaust that is no longer available. Australian cars came with (basically) the full option list, full leather Recaro seats, 19 inch mags, drilled brake rotors, carbon and alcantara trim, RNSE (in my car).

I don't have any visions of changing this spec in any meaningfull way as it pushes all my buttons and is prettty well spot on for me as it is.

Australia only had 27 cars delivered and there have been a few imports added to that list over the years so parts are few and far between. The US, UK and Europe get lots of orders from me. I have purchased a spare RS6 transmission and Torque converter and a new Alternator as major spares plus I have a small shipping container full of miscellaneous Audi spares that are on the list of frequently failed parts. Nevertheless, there will always be something you don't have.