Thread: Two RS6 sightings in Manhattan tonight

Two RS6 sightings in Manhattan tonight

- Daytona Grey car w/NY plates spotted cruising down 5th avenue tonight near 53rd street around 7pm

- Mugello Blue car w/NY plates & Zumbach dealer plate frames spotted parked on the southwest corner of Park and 65th street around 12:30am

Are either owners on the board? Rare to see RS6's in the city and surprised to see two in one night.

If you guys are from NYC you might have noticed this stunning Phantom that has been around Midtown lately owned by one of the car service companies. Very sinister yet very classy!

hey! I saw this car yesterday.. (The phantom)...

and I saw a white one at corner of 31st and fifth ave... around 2pm
    if you have a rotten, unloved Audi RS2 or a Mazda 323 GT-R - drop me a line :)

I have a Daytona Gray in Manhattan. I have yet to see another RS6 on the road anywhere since I got mine in mid-December, 2003. From the approximate times of your sightings, it was not me you saw. I was up in Litchfield County, CT tearing through some twisty country roads. Maybe I was extra-inspired being so close to Lime Rock and all!

My beast got some very admiring looks from other drivers. What's kinda cool is that people who don't even quite know what it is suspect that it's something special.

I have a Daytona Gray in Manhattan.
    What dealer did you buy it from?

Zumbach. Car has the Zumbach license plate frames on it, in case you're thinking you might have spotted me.

Wicked

Funny pic in front of the St. Regis.

I as in NYC two weekends ago to see 'Wicked', and I stayed at the St. Regis. Very impressive, except for the $95 breakfast, but even so, it was an all out incredible experience.

I did get to see the Phantom as well while there. The St. Regis has a regular Bentley for hotel car as well as an S600 if I'm not mistaken.

While I was there however, I did not see any RS6s anywhere in town. I did not bring my car down however, as there was a real snow storm moving in, and I know of quite a few pot holes on Saw Mill Pkwy I did not want the RS to fall into. Rented this brand new Lincold Navigator (White with 98 miles on it), and drove that instead.

I did see lots of Audi's in Manhattan, but no RS6.
    On a side note, the show 'Wicked' is great!!!

I also have a Daytona Gray RS6 that I drive between Washington and NYC. I was in Manhattan this weekend.

Well to JA and momo, welcome

We could always use more owner posts

Ben

Thanks for the welcome. I've been following the site for a while and happy to say that my RS6 is my sixth Audi! It makes me smile every time I sit in the driver's seat and tap the accelerator.

As Benman said, a warm welcome to RS6.com!
    May the Force be with you!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks!

I absolutely love driving my RS6. I took delivery December 18, 2003, and have since looked for excuses to take her on the road on the weekends, although the NYC weather has not been much help. This past weekend, I took her up to Connecticut, and this driving experience was be far the most exhilarating; I attribute this to the car being more "broken in". (She has 1,100 miles now). She seemed far more responsive, and held the wet, twisty country roads just beautifully at speeds that made my passenger's face turn white more than once.

This is my second Audi. I traded in my 1998 A6 2.8 when I got the RS6. I originally leased the car in October, 1998, and bought it when the lease expired since the mileage was so low (apprx 11,000). The A6 was a gem in terms of ownership - no problems or additional costs above normal, routine maintenance.

So, Audi has been a major part of my "mental health regimen" in terms of helping me escape Manhattan on the weekends. Moving up to the RS6 has been a kick!

I have had one problem with my RS6 since ownership, which did cause me some irritation and inconvenience. The problem appears to have been properly diagnosed and dealt with, and has not reoccurred.