Thread: RS6 battery size.

RS6 battery size.

My current German battery sat too long and needs replacement. The one they carry at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores has 95ah. The original is 110ah. Is this reserve ok for the RS6 or should I order the higher capacity on ? Anyone out there have experience with both? Thanks

That will work. I think the H6, H7, or H8 will work. I think the H8 is stock, old group number is a 49. If money isn't an object I'd go with an Anti-gravity battery. I put one in and it weights 15.5 lbs. I was running an Odyssey 925t at 26lbs but it didn't have a lot of Reserve capacity. The 15.5lb Antigravity T6 has as much reserve capacity as the OEM at 55+lbs.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

hahnmgh63 thanks. Didn't know about the lithium batteries for our cars. That's sweet. I'll try the 95ah one for now. Put a battery tender on it. Just haven't had time to run it enough. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    That will work. I think the H6, H7, or H8 will work. I think the H8 is stock, old group number is a 49. If money isn't an object I'd go with an Anti-gravity battery. I put one in and it weights 15.5 lbs. I was running an Odyssey 925t at 26lbs but it didn't have a lot of Reserve capacity. The 15.5lb Antigravity T6 has as much reserve capacity as the OEM at 55+lbs.
    �� That's good info to remember.