Thread: Zone A/C Difference in Temp?

Zone A/C Difference in Temp?

All,

Will try to do more homework on this, but thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has any thoughts.

Just returned from extended travel and started up the RS6. Of course, since itís now warm here, I tested the A/C. Was set for 70 in both driverís and front passenger's zones. Blew seemingly cold air to passenger's zone, but clearly warm(er) air to driverís. Eventually, the air for the driverís zone did cool down (some), but was still not blowing at the same temp for the passengerís. So, itís warmer on the driverís side. After driving it for a bit and parking, when I restarted, one was cold and the other was hot. Again cooled down, but not to the same temp.

Itís been a while since I've had an a/c service on it. I assume itís just one a/c system, so I donít know why one side would blow colder than the other. Maybe the driverís zone temperature sensor has gone bad?

Thanks,

CW

Probably one (or more) air flap motors gone bad.
    Just one heater & AC core.

Thanks, Nub.

That could well be the problem. I watched a couple of videos describing the issue, and that's consistent with my experience. I'll have a closer look now that I know what I'm looking for, but it seems like an easy fix, if it is. Just have to get to the actuator, which is a bit of a job, apparently, for the driver's side.

CW

Those servos are pretty reliable but they're all getting older now. Depending on which one, they're not fun to get at.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA