Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS6 Advice...Car is in pieces. Waiting 5 years for mechanic to put it back. No more..

Man, this is heartbreaking to hear!

Good Luck with the sale and it should go to, in pieces or as a whole, a good home that will use what is needed.

@DHall1 - take it! do it!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

No worries on my end. Bummer about the findings and your loss. Good luck getting what you can out of it. If I can do anything for you or you make it down to our area, give me a shout.
    210K miles rolled

What is it with mechanics?

Friend of mine had a guy build a clone Shelby Mustang for him. He received it, wasn't overly happy with it, and sent it back for changes. The changes took YEARS. And, he debated sending someone out to Oklahoma, I think, to collect it and then sell it for parts, because many had already "disappeared". His story turned out alright, because he waited and waited and waited, BUT I am in the middle of my own saga.

Our old crew chief (used to race in GrandAm), when I had parts that needed to go to our storage unit, took them out for me. After we sold the racing operation (cars, spares, trailers, etc.), I sought to get my street car parts. Turns out, the parts aren't there. And, of course, he's moved and is ghosting me. Now, we're not talking TONS of money, but still. OEM set of mounted wheels for the RS6 plus lug bolts. Mounted aftermarket wheels for the RS6 plus lug bolts. OEM RS6 SE exhaust. Sportec RS6 FULL exhaust NIB. I have had a nearly 30-year relationship with this guy. We had him working on our 3 race cars plus up to as many as 8 street cars (all Ferraris). And, this guy goes rogue? We spent well into the 7-figures with him over the period. Probably closer to 8. Anyway, WTF? I'm not the only one he's been doing this to, though, I'm told. Lots of parts missing from his other customers. So, he's gotten a reputation for this sort of thing. Another mutual acquaintance (prominent attorney) used him for servicing his fleet of F-cars, too. Said the guy ripped him off repeatedly and owes him $20K+ on missing parts and poorly-performed service that left him on the side of the road and did major engine damage. And, the list just keeps on growing!

And, he's not the only one. Plenty of sad tales in the Ferrari world with guys like Jim Carpenter (308 to 288GTO conversions).

I'm shocked that these guys feel it's okay to take and sell YOUR parts. This includes, btw, engines and transmissions. So, I'm not talking small-but-hard-to-find bits, but big stuff.

Sorry for your troubles. We all want to see the best in people. So, don't be too hard on yourself. DHall will set you straight!

CW

This is truly sad to hear. No words.

Wow, sorry to read this. I hope it gets back on the road.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Wow, sorry to read this. I hope it gets back on the road.
    The car won't but the transmission will live on in mine....received today and hoping to transplant sometime this summer. A little bit of a gamble on the gearing for me as the ratios could never be confirmed.

Per Del Stator:
    "Rebuilt and Upgraded 01E Quattro TDI 6 Speed Transmission with with Wavetrac diff and high capacity diff sump (RS4). It has a custom gear set that has an extra long first gear. I am not able at this time to be sure what all the ratios are. It was a custom gear set specifically for the RS6."

That was my only disappointment with my 6 speed swap is running out of gear in 1st at 32 mph...the RS6 has so much torque as you all know, that it seems like I have more time in between gears than while accelerating in 1st and 2nd, so hoping this will help on that front. That said, we'll see...it's a gamble that I was willing to take and time will tell if it pays off.

Oh yeah, huge thumbs up for Del Stator getting this thing crated up and shipped to me. Wasn't hateful, even at today's rates, about $375 for a 1000+ mile delivery haul and lift gate service. I highly recommend doing business with if you need some of his spares on the market...

Sounds like a good tranny combination. I have the TDI 6th with the Wavetrac diff but the taller first gear is something I would definitely love to have.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I finally am to the point to of getting all the last Audi parts I have online for sale. I am going to make a for sale thread in classifieds but I want to make a general post about it all here.
    I have a hard time remembering exactly what all was done with this now that it was all over 8 years ago that I was involved. Scott of Advanced Automotion hasn't been a lot of help as he doesn't remember, seems to have no records or I suppled parts to him and he never knew. He was good on planning and taking my car apart. But never actually did anything to the car...other than destroy in a salt air 150 degree shipping container. But I am over now...
    Anyway I have zero need for any of this and I will make really good deals. I would sell all of it for 5.5k obo plus shipping if anyone wants it all.

Here is a Dropbox link to many pictures of the front carbon lip and the MTM hood vents.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k3ytubltv...crCgggJZa?dl=0

A8 heads
    S8 Cams
    Ferrera 1mm Plus valves
    Heavy duty valve springs
    Built by Lee Schwartz of Arden North Carolina. His company is/was Flow Tech. Not the giant Flow Tech. Lee was Dale Earnhardt's engine builder for his championship seasons back in the day. Plus many other championship season in other racing divisions. He actually won an ARCA championship the year he was supposed to be building my heads. I think by now Lee is retired.
    He was very particular in his work. His buddy at Audi USA told him that the 4.2 heads actually flowed very well so we didn't spend the extra money to port.
    ARP head bolts

I sold the transmission to Muggy. Very good transaction.

AMD clutch and pressure plate. It was either a level 3 or 3+. I will have to contact AMD and find out. Hopefully they keep records.

These are the parts I have for the transmission swap. Scott still owes me a flywheel...I will probably never see it. But he will never see the title to my car either. But like I said, I am over it.... But this is what I have left including the adapter and starter.

Stephencl Carbon Fibre Air Splitter in not perfect but very good condition. It probably had 5k highway miles on it.

MTM C5 RS6 hood vents with template. These are in almost perfect condition and never installed. They were a ridiculous 2500.00 new....man was I an idiot. I will let them go much cheaper.

RS6 ECU in working condition.

RS6 mats missing one rear mat. They are in good condition...just need a good cleaning.

Wavetrac rear diff.

Audi bass tube for trunk.

Plus I have two Symphony Audi head units not pictured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0031.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	19621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00R0R_iwmMmwd56X4z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	19622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0028.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	19623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0032.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	19624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0033.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	19625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0035.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	19626  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0036.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	19627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0037.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	19628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0038.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	19629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0039.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	19630  
    Last edited by Del Stator; June 16th, 2022 at 21:26.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto-racing. Everything else is just a game" -Ernest Hemingway

More pictures..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0040.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	19632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0034.jpg 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	19633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00z0z_4AOxebk0nr5z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	19631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0041.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	19634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0042.jpg 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	19635  
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto-racing. Everything else is just a game" -Ernest Hemingway

Sent you a PM
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Sale pending...

Damn it I missed the part where it was Scotty that let this happen and part of the service centered around the 6spd conversion. Wish you would have hit me up to do the work, as I might have been able to do it at that time.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Boy, I do too.. It's all in the past as bethridg is on his way to take it all.