Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Wow, sorry to read this. I hope it gets back on the road.
The car won't but the transmission will live on in mine....received today and hoping to transplant sometime this summer. A little bit of a gamble on the gearing for me as the ratios could never be confirmed.

Per Del Stator:
"Rebuilt and Upgraded 01E Quattro TDI 6 Speed Transmission with with Wavetrac diff and high capacity diff sump (RS4). It has a custom gear set that has an extra long first gear. I am not able at this time to be sure what all the ratios are. It was a custom gear set specifically for the RS6."

That was my only disappointment with my 6 speed swap is running out of gear in 1st at 32 mph...the RS6 has so much torque as you all know, that it seems like I have more time in between gears than while accelerating in 1st and 2nd, so hoping this will help on that front. That said, we'll see...it's a gamble that I was willing to take and time will tell if it pays off.

Oh yeah, huge thumbs up for Del Stator getting this thing crated up and shipped to me. Wasn't hateful, even at today's rates, about $375 for a 1000+ mile delivery haul and lift gate service. I highly recommend doing business with if you need some of his spares on the market...