Thread: RS6 Advice...Car is in pieces. Waiting 5 years for mechanic to put it back. No more..

Threaded View

RS6 Advice...Car is in pieces. Waiting 5 years for mechanic to put it back. No more..

My RS6 project ground to a halt about 5 years ago. The mechanic for various legit reasons....school, new job, health has had good intentions to put it back together but I give up on him.

I am not interested in discussing what happened or who's fault or why or anything along those lines. It is what it is and now it is time for me to reassume control of my car.

My car is in south Texas. The engine and transmission is out of the car. I was thinking it was going to at least have the engine put back in the chassis and I was planning on taking it to D Hall to finish the install. But there has been no progress so I am going to have to go down there and get it in whatever condition. I live in Fayetteville Arkansas. The last thing I wanted to do was take this car to some other shop and have to assembled but that seems to be what needs to be done. I can't continue to wait.

I know no shop will want me to drop off a bucket of bolts and all the parts. But I don't seem to have any other option at this point.

I am looking for some advice from the old school guys around here.

https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/3...2-0?highlight=
    Last edited by Del Stator; March 22nd, 2021 at 00:21.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto-racing. Everything else is just a game" -Ernest Hemingway