Thread: Hotchkis Order - Getting Jerked Around?

Hotchkis Order - Getting Jerked Around?

Put in an order for the RS6 Hotchkis on January 11th and after checking in a week later the vendor they provided an update of 'The Manufacturer Said 2/15/2021' for the ship date. Checked in on status yesterday and now they are saying 'The Manufacturer Said 3/23/2021'.

Is this realistic (a made-to-order part that just takes a while) or am I getting jacked around by a shady vendor? All my other suspension components already arrived by Mid-January that I ordered on the same date.

On that note do I need to wait for the swaybars (is it easier to install while doing other suspension components) or can I move ahead on the other suspension components and just do that whenever it arrives? I wasn't sure if a re-alignment was needed with a change to the swaybar setup as well.

-jake
    Last edited by JakeLight; February 22nd, 2021 at 05:58.

When I ordered mine from TireRack a couple years back they did mention the Hotchkis would take 10-14 days longer than the rest of the order and it eventually shipped out 10 days later but still received it within 2 weeks of order.

Not sure about the delay, but not overly surprised with the ongoing circumstances... A quick search on ECS tuning shows an expected ship date of March 8, so perhaps manufacturing is slow all-around.

I don't think it's a big deal to install after you do your suspension -- if memory serves, when I did mine with the help of a forum member, the sway bars were the last thing we installed. The end-links and other mount points are accessible with the suspension buttoned up.

Did you buy directly form Hotchkis? I think I bought mine from Summit Racing. They are such a heavy hitter that they may have had stock or work closely to drop ship with Hotchkis.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Ordered mine last week from TireRack, showed up today.

YMMV

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

F me. If I knew TireRack had the sways I would have just ordered from them when I ordered the Koni Sports...which look lovely btw...Anywho, order placed via TireRack. As soon as a tracking number appears I will close the other order...or possible have an extra swaybar set for sale...CHEAP (-;

-jake
    Last edited by JakeLight; February 24th, 2021 at 08:05. Reason: tense fail

Quote Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW View Post
    Ordered mine last week from TireRack, showed up today.

YMMV

Steve
    Dropped off on my porch by UPS 5 minutes ago, thank you for the solid advice sir!

-jake

Very good! You will be surprised how much larger they are than stock!

S
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)