Thread: S6 Avant Project - Ideas

Hybrid View

Mech S6 Avant Project - Ideas

I recently acquired a C5-S6 Avant with a blown engine.

Considering what to do. The rally and overlanding movement is growing...feel like doing something different.

Easiest would be to replace the 4.2 BBD engine. The heads may be salvageable. TBD.

Considering other options than per usual RS6 conversion (not that it's ruled out):
    V6 TDI (450+ TQ with good MPG)
    2.7T (RS6 power shouldn't be difficult)
    4.2 FSI (super charged? almost 600hp)

Want to avoid a major project in terms of fabricating mounts or choppping up the trans tunnel. Any precidence or examples to delve into?

Like to keep the wagon useful. I'm losing my mind driving a Subaru to take my dog everywhere. Takes ALL the joy out of driving. The S6 has dog hair pre-installed. It's a go.

If someone feels this is too sacriligious and has a C5 All-Road or Touareg/Cayenne to offer up - would seriously consider a trade arrangement.

The S6 is worthy. One owner car. Ready for a 2nd life.

HAVE an ENGINE or MT6 Transmission TO SELL? Open to ideas.

See how this goes!
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Want to avoid a major project in terms of fabricating mounts or choppping up the trans tunnel
    This phrase pretty much limits it to either a 2.7T or a 4.2T swap.

However, if you want something unique: go for a 6hp-19 6AT. It should be a direct bolt-on to the 2.7. It's not beefy enough for a 4.2TT, but theoretically should work with appropriately tuned 2.7.
    Mechanically it should be pretty straightforward. Electronics I'm still figuring out, but I don't have a local car to play with. In several months I will.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    This phrase pretty much limits it to either a 2.7T or a 4.2T swap.

However, if you want something unique: go for a 6hp-19 6AT. It should be a direct bolt-on to the 2.7. It's not beefy enough for a 4.2TT, but theoretically should work with appropriately tuned 2.7.
    Mechanically it should be pretty straightforward. Electronics I'm still figuring out, but I don't have a local car to play with. In several months I will.
    Not opposed to the 6AT. I like them in the B6S4's. Would need to confirm F/R diff ratios.
    I'd like to flat tow the car behind a motorcoach. MT would be the easy route.
    Due to time constraints need to keep the project fairly simple for now. Part of it will depeond on what engines/trans surface as I look more.
    I may stick with the S6 milll and look at a S/C if it's time to get serious.

Definitely keep us posted on the electronics.

Thanks for the input!
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

If you decide to revive the 4.2 and need S6 heads, I have a set

Quote Originally Posted by 11o7 View Post
    If you decide to revive the 4.2 and need S6 heads, I have a set

Good to know thanks. What condition?

Hoping these are salveagable - probably not.

They're in nice shape motor was running well. The only reason I'm tearing the motor down is because I got an offer on the intake manifold I couldn't refuse. If you're interested, feel free to pm me or text me at 6472007339 -Neil

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Good to know thanks. What condition?

Hoping these are salveagable - probably not.