Thread: Hibernated 2003 Audi RS6

Hibernated 2003 Audi RS6

So fellas I wanted to have my Audi serviced and engine removed to install a new Torque Converter, we all know that they go bad and it is no quick fix. So with my car ,it would start and cut off, the codes were all over the place, but in the pictures I want you all to know I had a little friend with a new family staying in my car rent free that mess me up bad, but during my trip to the dealer they slept safe and sound here is why, they lived under the intake, it wasnt until I removed it to replace the gasket that I found them. So for everyone who stores there car in the garage or outside don't give up on your car until you check everything. The dealership told me I needed a new engine , even though the car still started. Anyway my car is back on the road with a new Torque Converter and now completed 3 inch exhaust system and X pipe you gotta love this Car

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3941.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	19372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3940.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	19373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200926_101528.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	19374  

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Audi RS6 View Post
    So fellas I wanted to have my Audi serviced and engine removed to install a new Torque Converter, we all know that they go bad and it is no quick fix. So with my car ,it would start and cut off, the codes were all over the place, but in the pictures I want you all to know I had a little friend with a new family staying in my car rent free that mess me up bad, but during my trip to the dealer they slept safe and sound here is why, they lived under the intake, it wasnt until I removed it to replace the gasket that I found them. So for everyone who stores there car in the garage or outside don't give up on your car until you check everything. The dealership told me I needed a new engine , even though the car still started. Anyway my car is back on the road with a new Torque Converter and now completed 3 inch exhaust system and X pipe you gotta love this Car

We had my daughter's boyfriend's Subaru in our driveway for a month, not driven, and when checking on a dead battery found this rat nest in the engine bay. My RS6 sits close to it outside, but fortunately the rat preferred the Subaru!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rat nest.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	19380  
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

My RS sits inside my shop most of the time. I just recently found out I had a mouse problem inside the shop.

For some reason, they prefer my RS over my B5 S4 and my friends B8.5 S4. I've found wire damage under my back seat of my RS. Fun times.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Bad enough that I have wires self disintegrating...I don't need any help from rodents!

Fortunately just a few connectors that I could resurrect and the SAI pump that I'm deleting....

At least you had a reason to repair the "inevitable to fail" suction jet pump!

Reminds me of my Mk1 and Mk2 VW days with all the ground wires that would disintegrate inside the sheathing...you had to feel along for the crunchy spot and cut it out along the way!

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Audi RS6 View Post
    The dealership told me I needed a new engine , even though the car still started.
    Why are you taking an 18 year old car to a dealer for service?