Thread: Mechanic Recommendation in Washington DC / Northern Virgina?

Mechanic Recommendation in Washington DC / Northern Virgina?

Hi All - I'm so happy to have found this group. Proud new owner of a silver C5 RS6 here.

If I understand correctly I am almost due for a timing belt service (last was 8 years 30K miles ago).

Any recommended shops in Northern Virginia DC Maryland area?

Thanks!
    Mac

Welcome to the forum (priceless), and congratulations! I had a bunch of work done by New German Performance ("NGP Racing") at the Manassas location (mostly suspension replacement following DRC removal). Though their showroom was closed to the public, I believe they have two "race modified" C5 RS6s, and they know what they're doing. They have two locations, one in Aberdeen, MD, and the other in Virginia. If I still lived in the area it's where I'd return for service -- your run-of-the-mill import indy shop doesn't cut it for the RS6 (personal experience).

ngpracing.com
    703-454-3000

From what I've seen the timing belt is 35k or every 5 years... 8 years might be stretching it (especially within 5k of the mileage limit), but of course depends on where/how the car was kept. That said, I haven't replaced mine yet as it was only 2 years old when I bought my RS6 (also Avus Silver!).

Thanks! Greatly appreciate the lead. And yes the 8 year old belt definitely has me anxious 😬

Quote Originally Posted by AudiPilot View Post
    Welcome to the forum (priceless), and congratulations! I had a bunch of work done by New German Performance ("NGP Racing") at the Manassas location (mostly suspension replacement following DRC removal). Though their showroom was closed to the public, I believe they have two "race modified" C5 RS6s, and they know what they're doing. They have two locations, one in Aberdeen, MD, and the other in Virginia. If I still lived in the area it's where I'd return for service -- your run-of-the-mill import indy shop doesn't cut it for the RS6 (personal experience).

ngpracing.com
    703-454-3000

From what I've seen the timing belt is 35k or every 5 years... 8 years might be stretching it (especially within 5k of the mileage limit), but of course depends on where/how the car was kept. That said, I haven't replaced mine yet as it was only 2 years old when I bought my RS6 (also Avus Silver!).

Welcome! I second NGP...top notch crew for sure. If mine wasn't on blocks in the garage right now with the motor out for a refresh and 6 speed swap, I'd say bring it over if you were willing to help and get your hands a little dirty! I'm in Annapolis, so not too far from you.

If you can wait for a few months until I'm sorted, this could still be an option...

Feel free to set up a time to come my way if you want to see up close what you can't see now...

Thanks for the very kind offer @Muggy! Wow looks like some very skilled wrenching! I booked with NGP for now but when I'm sorted would love to drive up and talk RS6's some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    Welcome! I second NGP...top notch crew for sure. If mine wasn't on blocks in the garage right now with the motor out for a refresh and 6 speed swap, I'd say bring it over if you were willing to help and get your hands a little dirty! I'm in Annapolis, so not too far from you.

If you can wait for a few months until I'm sorted, this could still be an option...

Feel free to set up a time to come my way if you want to see up close what you can't see now...

I can also say that NGP is top notch and one of the best Audi service locations around. I am in the NOVA area and always willing to meet up and talk about cars..
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

Quote Originally Posted by kevcp View Post
    I can also say that NGP is top notch and one of the best Audi service locations around. I am in the NOVA area and always willing to meet up and talk about cars..
    We need to get together sometime soon...this COVID stuff sucks!

We need to get together sometime soon...this COVID stuff sucks!
    We do and yes this Covid thing sucks...
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

Nice to see another local. I'm right down the street from you in Arnold. Mine is in a somewhat similar condition right now, in the middle of a similar process. Cheers, Sasha

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha00311 View Post
    Nice to see another local. I'm right down the street from you in Arnold. Mine is in a somewhat similar condition right now, in the middle of a similar process. Cheers, Sasha
    Nice...forgot about yours...it's getting quite a makeover compared to mine if I remember correctly. I'm waiting on some transmission parts for my 6 speed swap, but definitely past the "take it all apart" phase. Anxious to get working on it with some serious effort again asap!

Yeah man, it is getting quite the makeover to say the least. I've refrained from posting updates as they are sporadic and slow (as is the case when you are undertaking something like this out of house). Sneak peak at my current situation with the build.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69EC8F12-5A53-40CD-912D-75B7FB88923E.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	19383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	145889378_416610366332609_8034437409863750146_n.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	19384  

Oh man, looks like a monster in the making!

https://s2dynamics.com/

I heard good reviews for this place in Rockville but never had any work done, just a PPI for a buyer.