Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group buy interest for Manual Specific or Auto all Aluminum Radiator. Wizard Cooling

I’ll be in for it mines still auto so lmk if I’m still good

Still in if we can get a plug and play radiator for the auto config...thanks!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'm in for an automatic version, but same as lswing, only if it is plug and play.

There's got to be a price that makes it worth it for them to assemble install parts kit and not require the consumer to need welding done.

-bill

I'm gonna try and call the guy at Wizard and/or maybe track down another place as I've E-mailed him multiple times but he has not replied? I personally would like a spare as I now an 18yr old radiators days are numberred. An all Aluminum would most likely be a life of the car radiator than a composite plastic/Aluminum OEM one.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Thanks for checking...I'd buy today if available!

Yep, I'd be in also for auto specific with all connections, same as OEM but all aluminum. Around $1k would be great.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Well I might have just blown my OEM radiator. (Hoping it's just the upper hose that popped off, as unlikely as that is),

So...is this going on? I'd be in for a auto version as long as it is plug and play.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

And I'm ready for a manual version...

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    And I'm ready for a manual version...
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

Yes interested in manual version and
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Bringing this back up....I have a little weeping on my OEM...any thoughts on where this left off for a manual version? I'd think that this one would be easier than the auto without the additional internal trans cooler, but I'm not the fabricator either. Happy to pay $1k for a custom unit if needed, but just need someone to commit to actually making them...

Looks like the biggest issue on the non RS6 v8 radiator is the lack of an outlet for the after run pump, but not sure about mounting points, hose compatibility, etc...any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    Bringing this back up....I have a little weeping on my OEM...any thoughts on where this left off for a manual version? I'd think that this one would be easier than the auto without the additional internal trans cooler, but I'm not the fabricator either. Happy to pay $1k for a custom unit if needed, but just need someone to commit to actually making them...

Looks like the biggest issue on the non RS6 v8 radiator is the lack of an outlet for the after run pump, but not sure about mounting points, hose compatibility, etc...any thoughts?
    I use a CSF 7071 in the RS4. Why not contact CSFrace for a radiator. The RS4 OEM radiator uses an Auto system with the (01E manual) gearbox oil passing through the radiator. It's as hot here as anywhere in the US and it hasn't caused me any issues plus an advantage is it helps to heat the oil as the 01E is much smoother once hot. It isn't as good if you only put up a few miles and the box isn't at full op temp.

Bonus is you only need one style radiator for both transmissions (if you have the oil pump in your gearbox)
    2003 Sportec RS6, 2001 Revo RS4, 2000 A4 GP quattro, 1963 Unimog 404 TLF8

I did E-mail CSF and they quoted me a minimum purchase of 50 units. If I had money to put them aside then I'd stock them for future purchases but it's beyond my scope. Plus 1/2 or more wanted Manual and the other half wanted for an Auto. Sure you can use a Auto radiator for manual, which most of us with the 6spd conversion are but if you have a manual why not get more cooling capacity with the dedicated manual radiator, and probably slightly cheaper.
    BTW, the core on the B5 S4 radiator is 1.7" total lenght and and only about 1/4" shorter in height, the thickness of both are pretty much identical.
    Roy, WA

More's the pity the connections and locations are totally incompatible. The price is certainly right. I thought they did custom radiators so they would be one off. Can't say I'm convinced extra cooling is needed for a manual. Sort of thing you call for and then run around with the thermostat at 50% open. Real world outcomes is the manual gearbox seems to operate better with the oil at around 90C.

A lot of us out there have removed the weight and complexity of the Hot Weater package extra radiators and lines so a little extra cooling insurance would be great if available. All N. America cars got the Hot Weather package and cars in the Mid east but for most of the world it was an option and they just got the central main radiator.
    Roy, WA

Happy to say we aren't rest of the world then as we have the hot weather package, plus all the euro options the US seemed to have missed out on as standard. Many of you guys list your RS6 as a weekend hobby car so from my perspective a slick shifting gearbox came out ahead of the race hot engine temps. I have found engine oil temps more of an issue than coolant under some load. We go from snow to the 40's (centigrade) in my area so we need to cater to both ends of the spectrum.

In my case, when converting to the manual I removed the RS6 shared Engine Oil/Transmission oil front Air to Oil cooler and swapped in a BMW 3 series engine oil cooler that has a little larger capacity than the engine oil portion of the stock front cooler, so I am definitely gettting more engine oil cooling capacity than stock.
    Roy, WA

Good solution. I haven't yet made an improvement to my oil cooling and had been tossing up using one of the Serck range but that may be a good alternative. Dumping the AC or getting rid of the plethora of stacked cooling matrix up front would do wonders.