Thread: Rearview compass failure?

Rearview compass failure?

Tried a site search but hoping someone might have experienced this... Suddenly the window with compass direction is just blank. Multiple starts and hasn't come back -- looks like the fuse is shared with some other things (that still work), so likely not a fuse issue. Per the manual, pressing the pinhole button calibrates/sets the magnetic variation, but no response doing that. No codes with a VCDS scan.

Has anyone had the rearview mirror fail like this? I can't tell if it's still auto-dimming as I've only had it out daytime lately. Any tips on what drives the compass? I recently had the ColorMFA update to the cluster, but the guy who did the update says the cluster doesn't drive the compass. It seems like a straightforward quick disconnect under the housing just prior to the headliner if I need to swap it out with a replacement mirror.

Thanks for any help!

If you need a replacement mirror, I just ran across this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164489107779

Thank you! I was able to remove the plastic cover between the mirror and the headliner, disconnect the small umbilical and then reconnect it and... voila! Works again. Must’ve just needed complete power off to reset whatever was the issue.

Sweet, now I don’t feel bad snatching up that mirror.