Thread: What's cooler than being cool?

What's cooler than being cool?

Wizards came through with a prototype uprated radiator. It took a moderate bit of custom fab to make it work.
    More feedback, details, and detailed test results soon - working with them to provide feedback and hopefully get some edits to the design then going to announce it as a "group buy" of sorts for people who want them.

Also got the cluster updated by Cluster Modz. It's a huge upgrade not only to fix dead pixels but gives you a ton of usable information.

One small snag -- i didn't reset the Speed Chime before sending in my cluster, and the current MFD apparently doesn't have the ability to adjust.
    Luckily the MFD is USB updatable so just have to wait out the software -- unless anyone knows how to adjust it via vagcom or similar

it's currently set to 77mph so it's not terrible but i might have run into it a few times on the drive home. Allegedly.

Here's what it looks like loading:

#905341 - Mugello @ 165k and climbing. Runs 11.40's @ 126MPH. BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned.

Very nice.

Both look great...
    I'd definitely be interested in a radiator if that comes together.

Hey great to see it in the car. Looking forward to the group buy as the OEM's are almost impossible to get in the US and crazy priced now around $1,500...I should have bought one five years ago for $900, but those plastic fittings suck and are what just barely leaks on mine.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Both upgrade that I may also be interested in. Wonder if they'd be interested in doing a Radiator for those of us who (quite a few of us) did the manual conversion and don't need the ATF cooling circuit?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I'll offer, too, that I just had the ColorMFA cluster upgrade... I don't know the difference between that and what's offered from Cluster Modz, but Matt Litke (clustersbylitke@gmail.com) did an impressive job and I couldn't be happier with it. He really cleaned up the cluster itself as well, polished the window and made it look great. All-in was $490, and took less than a week.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8769 (1).jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	19362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8786.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	19361  
    Last edited by AudiPilot; December 13th, 2020 at 04:26.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Both upgrade that I may also be interested in. Wonder if they'd be interested in doing a Radiator for those of us who (quite a few of us) did the manual conversion and don't need the ATF cooling circuit?
    Good call on this...working on a +1 manual at the moment...

AudiPilot, yours looks great too! Cluster Mod on the "after I get the swap done" list...

That looks great, AudiPilot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strlgag View Post
    That looks great, AudiPilot!!!
    Thanks! Only (small) downside is as you can see it blocks a portion of the high beams light — just due to the size of the screen module. But I consider it a worthwhile compromise!

I contacted Jim Wieczorek @ Wizard Cooling and he said doing a Radiator for a 6spd RS6 would be easy. More cooling capacity than the OEM radiator and a little more than the version for the Auto since they would keep it the same size and use the Autobox cooling portion to increase the regular coolant capacity. I'll ask for a price and see if he would give any discounts for a quantity buy.
    Roy, WA

Depending on the price, I might be interested in the 6-speed group buy...
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

I'm ready today for the 6 speed version of the radiator....engine out now and waiting for parts to complete my conversion...perfect time to upgrade!

Some additional thoughts...looking at removing the aux radiators as an option with this upgrade. I know that when I upgraded my rad with an aluminum one from China in my Callaway converted GTI several years ago, it made a huge difference in cooling. I used to run that car hard at 15 psi all day with only mechanical fueling tricks on the CIS system.

That said, with the Wizard upgrade, and even better with the auto trans circuit eliminated, I would think that the aux rads could easily be removed without negative effects on cooling. Any thoughts? Would be nice to get some better flow through the IC's (Wagners on mine) and eliminate some extra plumbing as well for easier future front side servicing and fewer hoses and unions to have coolant leaks.

hahnmgh63, I see that you deleted yours a while back from some old threads...any issues? I'm in MD and this is strictly a fun car for me, I can leave it holed up in the garage on the super hot days, so no worries on having to drive in 90+ degree heat.

OP, I think that the original owner of your car did this too...can you confirm? Any issues?
    Last edited by Muggy; December 16th, 2020 at 12:03. Reason: updated thoughts

I don't drive the car as much the last few years but no problems at all. Remember that in the rest of the world the Aux radiators were an option for Hot Weather that we got as standard equipment here. I agree that the All aluminum manual oriented radiator will be an improvement for sure.
    Roy, WA

That cluster upgrade looks so good. I am getting the itch to spend money on mine again and trying to resist.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Ok, Jim Wieczorek at Wizard cooling finally got back to me about the radiators. He didn't give a price but wanted to know how many would be interested. I could start another thread or you could just E-mail me and let me know if you're interested in either a manual (slightly larger capacity than stock) radiator of an Auto one like Performify has. No commitments yet until he gives us a price. I see other BMW & Mercedes radiators on their site are going from $500~$600 so hopefully a 10%~20% discount if we could get 5~10 interested. hahnmgh@yahoo.com
    Roy, WA

Sent you my formal email request for a manual version....