Thread: WTB : Steering wheel core

WTB : Steering wheel core

Hi - I’m looking to get a new steering wheel made and am looking for a core to use. No airbag needed, and cosmetic shape obviously doesn’t matter, must just be a perfect core. If anyone knows of one please let me know.

Thanks, Will

Someone reached out to me with one - thanks very much David - so I'm all set. Have to say the RS6 community is small but fun and supportive.

Looking forward to seeing how the wheel comes out. I'm a newbie at this so fingers crossed I don't mess it up.

Pictures after completion please.

Quote Originally Posted by DKP View Post
    Pictures after completion please.
    Oh boy, now the pressure is really on!

Curious as to what you are having done?
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

Quote Originally Posted by kevcp View Post
    Curious as to what you are having done?
    Main motivator is to get new leather. I have a problem with the skin on my hands and the leather on the existing wheel has smoothed out noticeably, making it dangerous for me to drive with my skin issue. While I'm "in there" I thought I'd go for a re-shape to make the shape and profile more like a B8.5 RS5 wheel, which I find works very well for me.
    Last edited by *Will*; December 1st, 2020 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by *Will* View Post
    Main motivator is to get new leather. I have a problem with the skin on my hands hands and the leather on the existing wheel has smoothed out noticeably, making it dangerous for me to drive with my skin issue. While I'm "in there" I thought I'd go for a re-shape to make the shape and profile more like a B8.5 RS5 wheel, which I find works very well for me.
    Nice, who is doing the work? Is this something you are doing yourself?
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

Quote Originally Posted by kevcp View Post
    Nice, who is doing the work? Is this something you are doing yourself?
    I'm a total novice at this so have low confidence in my ability to select someone who will end up doing great work, but TAW Customs was very responsive, professional and seems to have done good work so I am going with them. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by *Will* View Post
    I'm a total novice at this so have low confidence in my ability to select someone who will end up doing great work, but TAW Customs was very responsive, professional and seems to have done good work so I am going with them. Fingers crossed.
    OK, I have a friend that can do the work also.. He has access to OEM alcantara and a perfect match for the perforated leather.