Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many C5 RS6s are left?

I got a call from the insurance company yesterday, they are totalling mine out. Light front end collision, no damage to the other car, but I hit their bumper right in my grille.
    It's a sad day....
    Now, I need to figure out if I buy it back from the insurance for $4500, or just part ways and move on.
    To be fair, they are giving me $16k for my excellent condition car with 115k miles, which is reasonable.... But the KW's, the Hotchkis, the black hella's, the Wagners, all the parts I've thrown at her.....

Oh man, that's painful! So, will they give you the $16k and then you can buy back for $4500? If so, I'd go for it, but that's just me...

I have a $20k agreed value on mine as well...figure that would cover the car and all associated parts over the years, but would still be hard to walk away from.

The engine alone is worth 4500, but obviously you need to deal with parting it out of you want to go that path. Is the front bumper intact? In any case, you probably have $10K in just the big parts. I hate to see them parted out, but hopefully it helps keep other cars on the road.

Sorry to hear your news.

$4500 is a no brainer for light damage and all the extra parts. What do they estimate repairs to be? Post fotos?

When my Daytona got rear ended and had minor frame damage, they wouldn't let me buy it back and auctioned it - it went for $7k or so. My buddy's body shop estimated $12-13k as right rear fender was pushed forwards too.

If you get the option, jump on it or do it for an enthusiast who wants it, maybe plus $500 or something for your trouble.
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

For those questioning repair bills, try and ignore them and think of the long term cost/year of ownership. I used to worry about this with my supercharged 91 NSX. Consider these numbers (ballparked)

Bought in 2015 as a ratrod, for $23500
    Spent about $33k (eeek!) over 5 years
    Sold earlier this year for $41500

So total cost of ownership was $15k, which is $3k/year for a real head turning supercar, a blast to drive etc etc
    Compare that to buying a new or used Camry. Does anyone have comparable numbers? But anything more than $200/month and I know what I would rather drive.

The point of this is that the downside of driving older (desirable) vehicles is increased maintenance. The upside is no depreciation, or possibly even appreciation if you are lucky.

I'm in the hole somewhat with my RS6 right now, but over 3-5 years I reckon the numbers will be similar

Cheers

Andre
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    Oh man, that's painful! So, will they give you the $16k and then you can buy back for $4500? If so, I'd go for it, but that's just me...

I have a $20k agreed value on mine as well...figure that would cover the car and all associated parts over the years, but would still be hard to walk away from.
    They will write me a check for $16.1k, and take the car, or write me a check for $11.5k & I keep the car.
    I have to decide today.
    It's basically a hood, rad support, probably a radiator, and the bumper cover could probably be refurb'ed. The quote was $11k.
    115k miles, all maintenance done, no known issues (other than saggy headliner), and all the mods I mentioned.
    I feel like I could buy a good replacement for $16k. That's what I paid two years ago.

I know I could part it out and cover my costs, $1k - wagners, $1k - KW V3's, $1k seats, etc... I'm probably inclined to let them take it, and someone will get a score at Copart. Look out for 905570! I'll forward all maintenance records since new!

So I had contacted AoA a few years back and they advised me that there were 1435 2003 RS6s sold in the US. I just recently contacted them for a breakdown of the Exterior/Interior colors of that year, and they came back with a total of 1433 (however I show 3 Imola Yellow, whereas their list has only 1). I will post the response and breakdown from AoA. Also if anyone would like to update information for any vehicle they currently own or have owned so that I can update my unofficial list, please let me know. Kudos to members of this forum, who provided me a starting point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 2.53.41 PM.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	19355  
    Last edited by strlgag; November 18th, 2020 at 23:11. Reason: update

Cripes, I did not realize the production numbers on the Goodwood Green were so low, only 5 with the Black interior which was by far my top choice. I had a a line on one of those (which did need some love as the transmission was about done) and had I know there were only 5 available I would have almost certainly pulled the trigger on that one. Ended up with my second choice in Blue which is an example that was definitely well cared for so can't complain too much...

-_/

Looks like I've got the only Polar White/Silver. Although I now have Black Euro RS6 Recaros in it.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by strlgag View Post
    So I had contacted AoA a few years back and they advised me that there were 1435 2003 RS6s sold in the US. I just recently contacted them for a breakdown of the Exterior/Interior colors of that year, and they came back with a total of 1433 (however I show 3 Imola Yellow, whereas their list has only 1). I will post the response and breakdown from AoA. Also if anyone would like to update information for any vehicle they currently own or have owned so that I can update my unofficial list, please let me know. Kudos to members of this forum, who provided me a starting point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Great work digging up those numbers. I really thought more Mugello Blue with black interior were bought. Add to it I've got the carbon inlays, although most ebony interiors do it seems. I'm guessing there are what, 40-50 left like mine? And to mention my interior is almost pristine, paint needs a bit of work. I'll sell it for $55k to fund my RS7 fund lol
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Just to close the loop: 905570 is now on it's way to Copart. Hated to do it, but it was the right move for me right now.
    I just bought a 2011 BMW 335D that has north of 800 lb-ft at the crank, and 660 dyno'ed at the wheels.... It's sort of fun.

I'll try to keep an eye on Copart and list the auction on the board if I find it, and I'll be selling the parts I have left on ebay in the interim. Seller name is the same as my username here. 034 TCU just listed last night. Also have an RNS-E purchased from DHall here, and an owner's manual. PM me if interested!

Drive safe!!
    -Brad

"Another one bites the dust hey hey". Rest in piece 905570.

still have mine but sadly she's in very bad shape. been sitting outside for a while now. still get offers but i have no interest in selling. will restore soon.

My vote is on a restore.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGLi16v View Post
    Also have an RNS-E purchased from DHall here, and an owner's manual. PM me if interested!
    PM sent - sucks about 905570

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    My vote is on a restore.
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGLi16v View Post
    I'll be selling the parts I have left on ebay in the interim. Seller name is the same as my username here. 034 TCU just listed last night. Also have an RNS-E purchased from DHall here, and an owner's manual. PM me if interested!

Drive safe!!
    -Brad
    PM sent - also wondering if you're selling the Wagners

Quote Originally Posted by *Will* View Post
    PM sent - also wondering if you're selling the Wagners

Wagners went with the car. I didn't have something to replace them with as I'd already sold the stock ones on eBay. Bummer, but such is life!
    Thanks for the inquiry.
    Anyone that PM'ed me, I've responded. First come, first serve on the RNS-E.
    Thanks!
    -Brad