Thread: WTB: Radiator 4b3121251f

WTB: Radiator 4b3121251f

So, the car's been out of my hands for the better part of nine months. Engine out, engine in, chasing problems, parts, COVID, etc.

Was supposed to get it back today. Final shakedown found a small leak in the radiator. Attempting to fix but would like to source a replacement.

Current best online i can find for OEM is (as usual) AudiUSAParts at $1230.

Hate to keep throwing more money at this car, but it is what it is. If anyone's got a line on a better option please let me know.

I also have a email into Wizard Cooling as recommended in a thread that came up in search, sounds like they're not going to be much cheaper but I'd like to understand if it's significantly uprated may be worth it.

Thanks all.
    #905341 - Mugello @ 165k and climbing. Runs 11.40's @ 126MPH. BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned.

I was going to point you to the post on FB from George but I see you have found it..
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

Looking into the group buy from Wizard also if it happens. He was saying around $800 which would be much cheaper. Damn the OEM price has gone up. I was looking 4 years ago and it was $950...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Prices have indeed gone up.

Current estimate for a retail buyer is $1200. Slightly cheaper than the factory unit, but not nearly as great a deal. But if the cooling capacity and the durability are both significantly improved, and the fitment isn't a nightmare, I'll be really happy.

I have ordered the prototype unit (will be the second one they've built) and we're going to ensure it fits / etc and then will organize a group buy for anyone interested. Should be a few weeks out.
    Last edited by Performify; October 21st, 2020 at 03:00.
    #905341 - Mugello @ 165k and climbing. Runs 11.40's @ 126MPH. BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned.

Look forward to hearing how it turns out, yea that's a good price jump. The only issue with the stock radiator is the plastic connections for hose fittings, mine had a small crack under freezing temps.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

It depends on your level of comfort with a few things, but you can use the radiator from the A6 4.2.

It involves blocking off the after-run pump and switched valve among other things.

Non-hot weather ROW cars use this setup.

I ran it on my converted avant and never had any issues with overheating and turbo-wise, the car was never driven hard and not given time to properly cool before shut down.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide