Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
They were a perfect fit on my car so something must be up. You'd think they weld them up in some type of fixture to make it easy and all the same? Is it just me or do those mounts (Poly?) seem a little high?
Appreciate the thoughts...yes, you'd think that the brackets would be jig produced given the proper fit to the transmission. After a closer look and comparison, I actually had to radius the weld slightly on the questionable side just to get the bolt head to sit flush as it's right at the edge of the bottom corner...the OEM bracket has about 1/2" to the bottom edge from the same bolt hole.

On the mounts with the spacers, those are 034's and it's an aluminum puck that they produce...it's thinner than it looks in the pics and the motor seems to sit perfectly with them in place and the OEM trans brackets. 034 uses the same base mount and adds the spacer to the tip version, which this definitely needs for alignment so far.

Also, I updated my wording above...all pics are with the 034 tip transmission mounts with spacer that comes with them, first pics are with the audis4parts welded transmission brackets that show miss-alignment, follow up pics show the OEM transmission brackets in place, that fit perfectly and allowed the 034 heavy duty aluminum front motor mounts to settle and align as they should. Transmission and motor is level in the cradle and has proper spacing to the subframe and alignment front-rear as far as I can tell at this point.

I'll call Phil today and see what he has to say...I definitely do not want to run his that I have now as there would be a 1/2-3/4" spacer needed on one side which is far too ghetto for as much time and money that I've put into this so far...