Hey Everyone...It's been time for a refresh on my RS6...I had a good idea that this would be needed when I purchased the car a few years ago, but was able to drive and enjoy for a few seasons first. An oil leak on a turbo finally forced my hand to get on the ball and get this done!

Issues to address:
Oil leak on the right bank turbo
Rear main oil leak
Minor weeping on front oil seals
Cam tensioners and chains
Upgraded torque converter

It took me a month or so to get my single bay garage reorganized after years of various projects and leftovers from them...first order of business was to get a QuickJack setup to get the car off of the ground safely. This is the 7000EXT version (7000 pound capacity with extended reach, perfect on the RS6) and uses the 12v DC pump motor. Gives plenty of lift to get under the car safely with a creeper from front to back without any obstructions and has lock bars that keep it set at full or half raise heights.

And spent a few weekend sessions a few hours at a time taking my time to get everything disconnected and ready for the big pull. I'm not in a rush to do this, so taking my time to do it correctly and safely. I will give a shout out to the guy from Total Technik in England for his video on the RS6 engine pull...decided to purchase the viewing rights for the 3 hour vid, and it was very helpful finding some of those tricky connectors and hidden bolts, as well as giving good advice on the order of operations. I was somewhat confident that I could get it done before the video, but totally comfortable after watching through a few times...everything went just as he showed (and even easier for me with a non-crusty car!).

Fortunately, I have enough space to fit the motor after the pull in front of the car, but need to roll it out a bit for extra space...problem is that I have a hill at the edge of my garage door, so I need to be careful that the car doesn't end up in the neighbor's front yard!

And the reason for the pull....

More to come soon as I start pulling stuff apart....