Thread: Muggy's RS6 Refresh 2020

Hybrid View

Alright, time to get back to work on the RS! My younger son and his fiancé were living with us and working from home for about 8 months, but were able to buy a house in November. I'm finally kid and commitment free for my basement space, so I promised my wife that I'd finally build a finished laundry room space after being in the house for 23 years. I've done a lot of home projects over the years, but I kind of forgot how much work a 7'x9' room would be...but it's done now!

Before...

And my reclaimed basement where the kids were living...

I think I've earned some quality garage time for a while now....next up is my son's wedding in our backyard in October....time to lay a new paver patio!

Oh yeah, with all of the crap that I got rid of out of my utility room space...I was able to carve out an interior workspace and made a bench out of my old washer/dryer stand that I had built previously...was able to bring in all of my boat/fishing stuff along with house tools for carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc...meaning clearing this out of my garage for more car project space!

Last edited by Muggy; February 3rd, 2021 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    Alright, time to get back to work on the RS! My younger son and his fiancé were living with us and working from home for about 8 months, but were able to buy a house in November. I'm finally kid and commitment free for my basement space, so I promised my wife that I'd finally build a finished laundry room space after being in the house for 23 years. I've done a lot of home projects over the years, but I kind of forgot how much work a 7'x9' room would be...but it's done now!

Before...

And my reclaimed basement where the kids were living...

I think I've earned some quality garage time for a while now....next up is my son's wedding in our backyard in October....time to lay a new paver patio!

Oh yeah, with all of the crap that I got rid of out of my utility room space...I was able to carve out an interior workspace and made a bench out of my old washer/dryer stand that I had built previously...was able to bring in all of my boat/fishing stuff along with house tools for carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc...meaning clearing this out of my garage for more car project space!

Looking good man. I have the A6 pulled clear apart now. Completely rebuilding it. New rods, bearings, pistons(30 over) make it a 2.8/.9 liter. But not going with the 3.0l crank. And debating on doing 028/029 turbos. I have a set of k04-025/026 rs4 turbos, and a set of TTE550s. But TTE I guess has been having problems with the shaft breaking. So I'm a little shy on putting them in. And having to pull the motor again. And I'm really looking into a BIG STK but haven't made up my mind yet. I still have time. Waiting in rods and whatnot to show up. I got both oil pans off now. To send the block to be hot tanked and bored. I ended up buying another Audi. Like I needed another. But I found a killer deal on a b5 A4. To build after I'm done with the A6.