Alright....time for some updates! I actually took a day off yesterday which is extremely rare for me with the COVID mess right now and my business...my wife is my co-manager and we have 16 more full time employees and they all stepped up to kick me out for the day...

I'm going to break this up into 2 posts...first with a few questions to follow and then with the turbo rebuilds. First up is the front side buttoned up...should be ready to go here for the re-install.

Next up are a couple of questions regarding the elimination of the SAI pump, and you'll see one of my reasons pretty clearly in the photos...
For the SAI delete, nubcake has updated my file to show a "no flow" as the norm, so should eliminate the CEL, but a question on vac routing and fuses.

First up, it looks like Audi used some of the leftover crap wiring from the old early 90's era VW's...if you've owned one, you know what I mean. The ground wires especially would corrode on the inside and then reek havoc with the electrical system...outside looked fine, but inside was copper dust...you learned to feel along the wire to get a crunchy spot and that would be one of many problems. In any case, this is not exactly the same thing, but as you can see, the sheathing has completely disintegrated on both the power and ground leads.

Question here is since I've deleted the SAI system, can I just yank the 40 amp fuse and call it a day? Hoping so!!!

Sheathing disintegrated all the way down into the loom...

40 amp SAI pump fuse is the orange one...

Next question, what should I do with vac routing up on top with the solenoid that controls the vac to the SAI Combi valves which were removed and blocked of with plates? I've heard to just loop it back (see pic) and cap off the other tee, or should I just leave the stubby s-line in there connected as OEM to the recirculation valve plumbing and unplug the power to the solenoid since it's been deleted from the tune?

(short "s" shaped vac line from tee usually connects to the solenoid on the end and the left part heads back to the Combi valves)

Any thoughts on this would be great, thanks!