Thread: Muggy's RS6 Refresh 2020

Hybrid View

Thanks Joel...wish I could peel away for a day...not happening...I'm sure I'll find that f'n pin soon enough, I know I didn't throw it out!

Update...found the lock pin...right where I left it in my special tools drawer...

At this point, waiting for parts...I prefer not to pull too much apart until I have the stuff to put it back together with...

Mini projects...
    Rebuild turbos (have the parts for this, so may be first up on the list)
    Cam chains and tensioner shoes (waiting on chains, have shoes/tools, tensioner gaskets, & new cam cap bolts)
    Bufkin pipe (waiting on gaskets)
    Rear main seal (waiting on plate/gasket)

I'm really on the fence with what to do with the trans...I haven't had any real issues, but occasionally a funky shift here and there (has unknown TCU tune). From documentation that came with the car, it looks like the converter was replaced by the dealer at about 45k (105k now)...I also see a few marks on the trans (initials, etc.) that look like they are from a pull at some point. Thoughts are to upgrade the torque converter or just leave alone for now...I do have a spare tip trans and converter (thanks Jolio!) for cores if needed on rebuilding, etc. I LOVE the idea of a 6 speed, but don't know if I have this in me, at least in the near future and definitely not on this engine pull session....too many other things to manage without throwing that into the mix! I did reach tozo and he is rebuilding tips for stock cars only...not sure if this means to a stock level, or if he won't even touch it with any upgrades/power adders...I'll clarify with him and make some decisions.
    Last edited by Muggy; September 24th, 2020 at 11:34.