Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DRC suspension upgrade for 2020

Reading this, I am also looking for help. Not clear exactly what I am running though. I was told Bilsteins w/H&R springs by previous owners/ads, but car sits a bit too low with tons of downward adjustment (?!?!) and rears are both seized and can't be adjusted up any further (car originally from Boston....). Wondering if springs are shot though as I believe approx 10 years old.

So are the only options KWV1/KWV3/B14/B16?

Thoughts on differences between them? Likely will have to go KWV1 or B14 due to cost constraints right now.

Thx!
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

H&R do sag over time, I think. Mine are pretty damn low.
    "Available downward adjustment" makes sense because shocks were likely intended for stock springs.

Avoid KW v1, they absolutely suck. Ride is too bouncy, handling is terrible.

Been happy with the Koni yellow sport struts and stock springs combo for years. That said, going with Bilstein PSS9 soon, seems to be the best comfort/performance fully adjustable coilover on the market. I'd never touch KW's after riding in some cars and reading years of posts about them.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Been happy with the Koni yellow sport struts and stock springs combo for years. That said, going with Bilstein PSS9 soon, seems to be the best comfort/performance fully adjustable coilover on the market. I'd never touch KW's after riding in some cars and reading years of posts about them.
    I'm still rocking the DRC on mine with the Hotchkis ARB's, and I like it a lot, but I know my days are numbered with that setup. I had the PSS9's on a B7 A4, and they were pretty stiff. Handled really nice, but if you have to deal with rough roads regularly, it could get old. My research seems to indicate that it's hard to find a really smooth coilover for our cars, because the coilovers use smaller diameter springs, and the only way to make them strong enough to hold the weight is to make them stiff. That's why the larger, factory springs seem to work so well. That said, I've read the Ohlins are supposed to be really good, but they don't currently make a setup for our cars. The other one I'm curious about is the 2Bennet setup. I don't know much about them, so I'd love to hear more first-hand experience with them.

Has anyone looked at the other options on Amazon like Godspeed or Border Racing? Or are they junk?

https://www.amazon.com/Border-Racing...=2003+Audi+RS6

https://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-MSS1...=2003+Audi+RS6
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold