There are quite a few threads addressing suspension upgrades... many started 10+ years ago, as folks were first discovering the sub-optimal longevity of DRC. My DRC made it to 117,000 miles (with rear shocks replaced under warranty at around 40k), but I think it's time to say goodbye -- three of 4 shocks are leaking, reservoirs/lines are badly rusted/corroded... it's only a matter of time. Part of me will die a little bit in swapping to aftermarket -- I love the idea of everything being OE... just not at the price for new DRC (and with no assurance of long-term integrity).

I'd be grateful for advice -- from reading it seems to be either Koni Yellows or KW V3... probably with Hotchkis sway bars as long as we're under there? But again, lots of the advice is close to a decade old. What is often most beneficial is when someone describes their setup and how they like it (not just "V3's are what you want") -- there's a wealth of knowledge in the long-term owners/experts here. I've learned a lot about the car in 8 months of ownership (lots of it here), but I don't do major repairs myself (just littler things like N85 canister, RNS-E upgrade, trim stuff, etc.). So when I read things like "Koni's with stock springs," I understand what that means in theory, but not why that's a good choice. If you care to describe your settings, even better -- I'm going for the OE ride height/look/feel.

Here's how I drive it:

- I'm the guy @nene spoke of in his post on 16 Jun on the Del Stator thread... "Get the RS6 well sorted and enjoy it daily, and slam the gas pedal on occasion on some on-ramps or empty highway cruisin'."
- Daily highway driver (e.g., 4k miles between Nov 2019 and Mar 2020 before working from home)
- Moving it to CA in August, will commute ~25 miles/~30 min highway each way daily (shipping the car though, not driving it out there from VA)
- I don't track the car -- it has a Stage 1 EPL tune, everything else is OE (wheels, etc.)
- I love the way the car stays level on an un-banked highway ramp, but I wouldn't mind a slightly softer ride... just not bouncy or unresponsive obviously (I get it, trade-offs)
- Looking for as close to OE ride height/look/feel as possible

Look forward to hearing whatever feedback you have, planning to make a decision over the weekend and move forward with a gameplan on Monday.