Thread: TTE Exhaust Manifolds, any good?

TTE Exhaust Manifolds, any good?

Hey all,
    I’m likely going to be rebuilding my SRM hybrid turbos on my RS6 and looking into getting the hot side “clipped” with Tim’s Turbos in VA. While I’m in there, I was considering TTE’s tubular manifold set, but not sure if it is worth it. Anyone have any experience with these? Notice any performance gain? I realize the hot side on our turbos seems to be the most restrictive part in any gains but not sure how much the stock manifold plays a role in this restriction/bottle-necking.
    Thanks!

I don't think there are many people that have done a manifold upgrade without a lot of other changes at the same time, so it's probably going to be hard to get an objective answer. I suspect a lot of people are going to say that tubular manifolds with the stock hot-side are not going to be worth it. I think you would see some benefit, but you're not going to realize the full potential without bigger turbos.

That said, please do it, and be sure to get before-and-after dyno's or 1/4 mile times so you can provide some real data!

Also curious why you are rebuilding the SRM turbos, did they fail?

Don't change manifolds, they're not the main bottleneck.
    Turbine housings, intake (!) & possibly exhaust, unless already running full 3".

Thanks for the input! I’m doing the turbos because one is leaking some oil which builds up in the intercooler (more than an acceptable amount). Going to rebuild both at the same time while it’s all out and have heard good things about Tim’s Turbos in VA; he offers some upgraded internals. Im going to hold off on the manifolds thanks to you guys. I will look into some options for the intake. It seems the things on the market right now are either ineffective (apikol— hot air) or overpriced... or both. May have to do something custom (?)