Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS6 Spa - Q Car Care (Boston)

RS6 Spa - Q Car Care (Boston)

Just took the 17 year old beast for some spa time at Quintessential Car Care
    1. Elite Detail for 20+ hours (including paint correction)
    2. Spot treatment to fix a couple of minor scratches
    3. Ceramic Pro Gold with 4 layers of ceramic pro
    4. Deep wheel ceramic coating
    5. XPel headlights
    6. New XPel in rear quarter panel in-front of rear wheels (Old one was yellowish and removed/replaced)

The car looks new. I was thinking of going with clear bra/XPel on the whole vehicle, but skipped this time. May still do it in the near future.
    The images are large thus I am only including the links below

QCare_01
    QCare_02
    QCare_03
    QCare_04
    QCare_05
    QCare_06
    QCare_07
    QCare_08

Looks really great, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it! I’m getting mine back tomorrow from similar treatment... multi-stage paint correction with paint chip repair, XPEL full front end paint protection film (bumper/full hood/fenders/mirrors), and Gyeon ceramic coating.

Love the stance! Car looks great!
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Car looks fantastic.

Love it when old beasts get some good loving. If I might ask what did that day at the spa cost.

Each item has different charges, shown below:

1. Elite Detail for 20+ hours (including paint correction): $995
    2. Spot treatment to fix a couple of minor scratches: $100
    3. Ceramic Pro Gold with 4 layers of ceramic pro: $1500
    4. Deep wheel ceramic coating: $400
    5. XPel headlights: $200
    6. New XPel in rear quarter panel in-front of rear wheels (Old one was yellowish and removed/replaced): $200

That is some serious spa love. Nice. Now you just need to have someone with a dry ice blaster to hit the underside, brakes and wheel wells for that true showroom feel.

Nice work on the old girl.

I figured after 204 months of ownership, and all those years of contamination that she's accumulated, it was not a bad price to bring her to "like new" feel. Honestly not something I would just invest on any of my vehicles. This one holds a special place in our family. Even the wife has vetoed any of my previous indications of attempting to sell it.

Nope if you love it keep it going. I just spent silly money on my 04 Allroad. Bumpers and fender trim all redone. Paintwork and refinished all the wheels and tarted up the inside with some of Dhalls left over interior RS6 dash panels. Maybe next spring I’ll give the RS the big spa day after winter hibernation.

I’m coming thru Colorado in a couple of weeks! Picking up my first B5 S4 in Nogaro blue. 1 of 217. Stage 3 of course

watch out everyone!

Will be trailering it with my Q7 TDI and Featherlite car trailer so you can’t miss me

DKP get that ol Manitou out of the garage!

nene, your car is beautiful. My Avus sits in the AC storage during the summer months. 58k miles just barely broke in.

Nene so you are one of the few original owners? That's awesome! Unfortunately may end up selling mine since I am running out of space. Don't really want to sell, might end up looking for storage space.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

That is a long time. As a hanger on to cars I really appreciate it. Had my 90 V8 for 21 years. How many miles on yours nene?

I like those wheels.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Absolutely beautiful RS6, kudos for keeping her so well maintained over the years.
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

The beast is close to turning 68K miles.
    In 2015 I completed my 70K mile service basically based on age more so than mileage. I do try to keep that old gal always looking fresh and ready to eat up miles, even if less than 1K miles per year.

More recently I had removed the auxiliary radiators and plugged the piping with hoses in its replacement. Because of cold and heat cycles the silicone to plug the hose ends would occasionally leak coolant, but very little. That was also recently resolved as I had mechanic go in and remove the whole hose setup that previously fed those auxiliary radiators. No more coolant leak.

That’s just barely broken in. Should be in your stable for many many years.

Beautiful, the beast looks amazing. I did a similar treatment, way less extensive then yours but with a full detail and a 3 ceramic coating process. That was almost 3 years ago and it still is amazing to this day, no regrets on that! Keep her good and with you for a long time!

Love to see this. I have been contemplating similar treatment to mine, although as second owner on second RS6, not quite the same story. I just had service done at 139K with a few tweaks. Actually had the same issue with coolant leak fixed. Needed new front left axle as well. Continues to run strong, and still adding ACES IV from BND; it is no longer tinted red
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.