Thread: Wtb

Wtb

Been trying to find a source for front splitter lip all carbon if anyone has a source and would love to share it please do I’ll appreciate it cheers fellas it’s for the C5RS6

I got one from Dave Hall a few months ago...he might have another one
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    I got one from Dave Hall a few months ago...he might have another one
    Nope, I bought the last one he had.. not enough interest in reproducing them either...
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

There is a company that is out of UK Maxton-Design that makes it in Carbon Look. You can order online directly from them and they will make it for you. Mine came in 8 weeks or so, but that was before Covid-19 was keeping us at home. Also I ordered front splitter, side skirts, and rear aprons. Because the rear aprons they did not have in stock I asked to wait to ship it all together.

I ordered mine in textured and brought it to a shop to paint it the same color as the car. But you can get Textured, Gloss Black, or Carbon Look.
    The stickers are not on the pieces. They come separately and you can choose to put them on. I did not attach the stickers.

Last edited by nene; April 26th, 2020 at 03:07.

Yea I knew Hall had the source but yet again not enough internet with everyone I’ll message him again see what can happen even if it’s just for one and I’ll check out maxton out aswell thanks fellas be safe out there

The Kohlenstoff that DHall had is available for purchase... at a premium, full carbon $1,529.20, FRP $1,257.20. http://www.kohlenstoff.jp/archives/274

Thanks buddy really appreciate it pilot and everyone else thanks again will send emails to see what there shipping process is or if any delays and how long it’ll take to come my way

Quote Originally Posted by AudiPilot View Post
    The Kohlenstoff that DHall had is available for purchase... at a premium, full carbon $1,529.20, FRP $1,257.20. http://www.kohlenstoff.jp/archives/274
    That's a lot of money for something that looks ok but just to say it's Carbon.
    Personally the maxton looks nicer and a huge saving enabling you to put some pennies towards other goodies too, jm2c!!
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Just a cautionary note...with the maxton you have to drill into the bumper, the other one is a press fit. I agree that the Maxton kit looks good
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I did get off the phone with the guy from kohlenstoff told me it was going be a month of maybe and the shipping said was going be off the roof cause of covid so I’m heading towards maxton either way and I can squeeze the xtra into something else thanks again guys for your inputs helped alot I’ll update here once the maxton kits comes in

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Just a cautionary note...with the maxton you have to drill into the bumper, the other one is a press fit. I agree that the Maxton kit looks good
    This is a correct statement. The Maxton pieces require drilling bumper, side skirt or rear bumper depending on which pieces you want to install.
    Worth keeping in mind for those considering this option. My wife and I installed all pieces on a Saturday. Took us a bit of time as we started early and finished by late afternoon. When installing front lip spoiler you have to take plastic shroud/pan that covers center of the bottom of the engine to access the bumper inner section. Just plan your drilling accordingly.
    I got some double sided tape just to add some buffer between plastic pieces.

Correct, double sided tape and stainless self tapping screws.
    Mines been on about 4 years and it still looks like it was put on yesterday.
    I've even scraped the front numerous times and it's held up well. Much easier to swallow replacing the front maxton if ever damaged versus a very expensive carbon piece.
    Plus the maxton is a little less fast and furious v the klepenganger.
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

It is all a matter of taste. Many years back I saw one RS6 that had a Cupra R lip spoiler. I used it previously on an S4 but felt it was a bit undersized for the RS6 wider nose. This one also requires bolting to the bumper.
    Always good to have options.