Thread: Anyone have Part Number and Source for Cam Chain Tensioner Guides?

Anyone have Part Number and Source for Cam Chain Tensioner Guides?

I've done some searching in the forum, but have been unable to find part numbers for the plastic/composite cam chain guides/pads, though some posts mention their availability. Thinking I'd replace mine as a preventative measure while doing my engine-out work.

Complete cam chain tensioner units, including the pads, are easily found but are $$. My tensioners are working fine, so if I can find OEM-quality replacement pads I'd probably go that route.

Thanks in advance!

Steve
    Last edited by SFJ_RS6; April 22nd, 2020 at 01:05.

To my knowledge, there is no OE part number for just the pads. However, you can find them all over ebay, Amazon, all the major Audi suppliers (Ecs, FCP, EuropaParts, AutohauzAZ) probably sell them.

I was wrong about the major suppliers but Blauparts sells a valve cover gasket kit that includes the pads and everything else you need.

See the post below for additional info.

https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/3...l=1#post271144
    Last edited by bethridg; April 22nd, 2020 at 01:39.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

bethridg - thanks a lot for the info about Blau selling a kit. I just pushed the button to get one coming.

I've used the Blau kit before. If you're going as far as replacing the cam seals while you're in there add a little RTV to the outside of seals before tapping them in.

https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/3...y-were-leaking
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory