Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro Recaros Question for People who have done the Install

Euro Recaros Question for People who have done the Install

Wanted to get some information on the install if anyone can help. I have a source for Euro Recaros from a 2004 RS6 Plus. How much of a plug and play is it?

What components need to be transferred from the US seats to the Euro Recaros to make everything work (airbag light etc)?

Has anyone managed to fit the memory model to the Euro Recaros? If not, any issues with steering wheel and side view mirror memory transferring over?

Do the memory switches on the US door cards work with steering wheel and side mirrors?

Has anyone successfully transferred courtesy lights over to the Euro Recaros?

Sorry for all the questions but I just wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in Advance
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Wanted to get some information on the install if anyone can help. I have a source for Euro Recaros from a 2004 RS6 Plus. How much of a plug and play is it?

What components need to be transferred from the US seats to the Euro Recaros to make everything work (airbag light etc)? You will need to transfer your seat belt buckle receiver from the US spec seats over to the Euro spec seats.

Has anyone managed to fit the memory model to the Euro Recaros? If not, any issues with steering wheel and side view mirror memory transferring over? I did not use the memory functions before, I will test this later to see if the steering and mirror functions still work and report back.

Do the memory switches on the US door cards work with steering wheel and side mirrors?

Has anyone successfully transferred courtesy lights over to the Euro Recaros? I did not bother even trying this.

Sorry for all the questions but I just wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in Advance
    Answers to some of the questions above..

Some Alcantara pieces I had made, the steering wheel is in process..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04PCqEIh.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	19172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tXLqic7h.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	19173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1CVBUUKh.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	19174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0pjKCvDh.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	19175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rkyuof4l.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	19176  
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

Thanks kevcp for the feedback! are there other components you transferred over? I had installed new door cards a year ago and didn't want to change them out now. Also how do you like the seats?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Anyone tried the memory retrofit? I have my settings and my wife's stored.

i went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. Will try and figure out seat memory and courtesy lights

What was the damage if you don't mind me asking?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Some Pics

He said he is going to get them cleaned up ...no tears but some creases on the bolsters....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seats2.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	19178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seats1.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	19177  

I’ll take em!

if you don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I’ll take em!

if you don’t.
    Hahaha Dave....will keep you posted.

You will need the Seatbelt portion off of your seats as their are a couple of wires that go to a plug. The Euro ones don't get the wires on their seatbelt plug so you get the airbag warning without it. Just don't get rid of your OEM seats until you get the new ones and you will see what I mean. You will have to splice a couple of wires but it clears the codes. I did not get the memory function to work, nor did I try.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    You will need the Seatbelt portion off of your seats as their are a couple of wires that go to a plug. The Euro ones don't get the wires on their seatbelt plug so you get the airbag warning without it. Just don't get rid of your OEM seats until you get the new ones and you will see what I mean. You will have to splice a couple of wires but it clears the codes. I did not get the memory function to work, nor did I try.
    Thank you ...yes the US seats will stay in the car till I get these.

Any issues with driver and passenger sides being switched since this is coming from a UK car? Was wondering if any coding needed to be done to get seat heater to work. These cars don't have a seat occupancy sensor right for the passenger seat?

I'm not sure if there were different Sport seat options as far as with or without heat but if I remember right mine had 2 plugs and the U.S. seats have 3 plugs. The 2 plugs are a straight plug in, one if for the seat heat and should work just fine, the other is for the Airbags, 3rd is for the memory which I don't have. It will all make sense when you get the seats and have them side by side and you are swapping that inner seatbelt anchor over. Just make sure you tie wrap them out of the way so they don't get caught when you are moving the seats.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

i went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. Will try and figure out seat memory and courtesy lights
    Let us know how the install went and if you figured out the memory thing at the end. I have been wanting Euro seats for mine, make it a write up for all of us!

All you need to do is recode the airbags to "rest of world" and no more airbag light for the front seats. thats the way they come from factory. you dont need to re-wire anything.

Quote Originally Posted by catriple View Post
    All you need to do is recode the airbags to "rest of world" and no more airbag light for the front seats. thats the way they come from factory. you dont need to re-wire anything.
    Thank you...yes going to try that. The seller told me the same thing. Seats should arrive by Friday will keep you posted. Looks like the seats do need a thorough refreshing though.

Thank you...yes going to try that. The seller told me the same thing. Seats should arrive by Friday will keep you posted. Looks like the seats do need a thorough refreshing though.
    No Problem. You must have nabbed these from Steve! Great guy. Those actually look pretty decent as far as 17 year old white seats go. Good snag man. Feel free to reach out if you need help with coding. Literally a 3 min thing.

Quote Originally Posted by catriple View Post
    No Problem. You must have nabbed these from Steve! Great guy. Those actually look pretty decent as far as 17 year old white seats go. Good snag man. Feel free to reach out if you need help with coding. Literally a 3 min thing.
    Thank you...yes it's from Steve and a guy called Tighe arranged shipping.