Thread: WTS: License plate surround panels - Sedan, Avant, Euro, NA..

WTS: License plate surround panels - Sedan, Avant, Euro, NA..

Hello, all!
    I have 4 license plate surround panels to get rid of, if anyone wants them.

-I have 2x post-facelift sedan panels, one original to the car (90k miles, likely garage kept), and one brand new OEM one that was installed for 5 days. The body shop charged the insurance $340 for the new OEM audi part.

-I have one sedan pre-facelift euro tag surround. This is not the gloss black, but the grey patterned plastic looking panel. It has 2 small cracks on the passenger's side of the top, otherwise, in excellent shape.

-I have one Avant euro panel, gloss black post-facelift. I bought this on Ebay, and it had some light scratches on it. I had my detail guy polish it up and apply PPF to it, so it looks great now. I didn't realize it was Avant only until after I had this done, so I spent nearly $200 total for the panel, but it's useless to me. Note: one of the lower studs was pretty badly chewed up when I got it. Might be savable with a die, but I'm not sure.

If anyone is interested, or wants photos, I'm happy to provide them. Just reply to this thread and / or send a PM.
    Thanks!
    -B.

I suppose those are not RS6 specific euro surrounds? could i get a picture of the sedan euro tag and the Avant euro panel. Thanks.

Nope, they fit all C5's (I am pretty sure)...

I'll get you photos after work today.
    Thanks!

Both Euro panels:
    https://imgur.com/a/vzasTLp

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGLi16v View Post
    Both Euro panels:
    https://imgur.com/a/vzasTLp

Thanks!
    PM me on the gloss black Avant one please. Will you ship?

PM sent.
    Thanks!

Also, Note to everyone looking at the euro panels: A US plate (at least a FL one) will NOT fit. It's too tall. I had to fold the top 1/2" or so of my FL plate down to make it fit in the recess, and I used a heavy duty 3M hook and loop stuff to hold the plate to the panel. I bought that stuff from customeuroplates.com.

Here are the US sedan panels: The pics are taken in sequence, so the new panel is first, and the used one second.
    The surface scratching you see is just from wiping them down with a paper towel.
    There are 2 small cracks at the top of the original panel that I never saw before, they are highlighted in the photos, but they can't really be visible on the car, as the car was perfect in an up close inspection, and in photos...

https://imgur.com/a/2aTn42A?

Let me know if you have any questions, or want to see more photos, or want my PP address!
    Thanks!

Is this an RS6 specific part? I checked audionlineparts and it show that it does not fit
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

That doesn't strike me as likely, but please do your research. I know the euro sedan panel I bought was off an A6 TDi, and fit just fine on my '03 RS6. I know that the decklids cross over, so I don't believe the mounting is any different across C5's.

That being said, I'm happy to provide any photos you need to feel OK about it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Is this an RS6 specific part? I checked audionlineparts and it show that it does not fit

Euro Avant panel sold. Thanks!

The other 3 are still available, if anyone is interested, send a PM.

Thanks!

Bump for a great seller, what you see and the descriptions of the items are on point, great guy to deal with!

Thank you so much!
    Anyone interested in the other panels before I put them up on eBay? The minty OEM one would be a good choice for someone refreshing a weathered beast!
    Thanks!

Thank you so much!
    Anyone interested in the other panels before I put them up on eBay? The minty OEM one would be a good choice for someone refreshing a weathered beast!
    Thanks!
    How much for the mint OEM one? Thanks
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Lswing:
    The body shop paid $340 from the dealership, and it was on the car for a few days before I put my Euro one back on.
    I would say $200 shipped for you? Your website was very helpful when I was looking at buying my RS, so I'm happy to accommodate a reasonable request as a way of paying it forward.
    I'm happy to provide more photos if you like, or whatever you need to feel comfortable with the purchase.

Also, open to trades! I don't need much for the RS6, but I'm always open to offers.

Side note: Dang, I was just up in your neck of the woods last week! Spend a few days in Jacksonville, OR for memorial day. Beautiful country up there! One of my friends runs a software / app development company in Eugene as well. Nice part of the country!

Thanks!
    -Brad

Lswing:
    The body shop paid $340 from the dealership, and it was on the car for a few days before I put my Euro one back on.
    I would say $200 shipped for you? Your website was very helpful when I was looking at buying my RS, so I'm happy to accommodate a reasonable request as a way of paying it forward.
    I'm happy to provide more photos if you like, or whatever you need to feel comfortable with the purchase.

Also, open to trades! I don't need much for the RS6, but I'm always open to offers.

Side note: Dang, I was just up in your neck of the woods last week! Spend a few days in Jacksonville, OR for memorial day. Beautiful country up there! One of my friends runs a software / app development company in Eugene as well. Nice part of the country!

Thanks!
    -Brad
    Pm'd, thank you sir!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com