Thread: Headlight adjustment

Headlight adjustment

I just installed some new Ecode xenon headlights and do not think that the automatic headlight adjustment function is working properly. My headlights do not dip up and down when they are first turned on and if I remember correctly, my old headlights stopped doing it after a while. I have went through the process in vagcom to level the headlights and have no errors. I checked the sensors behind the left front and rear wheel and they are fine and I did have the headlights apart to upgrade the projectors and verified that the tabs to the reflector were connected properly as well as the adjustment motor. The headlights do move when logging into block 55 in vagcom so I know that the motors work and I also did a factory reset. Am I missing something.

Exact same thing here...pretty much went through everything you did. I got my Euro headlights from Alex@Europrice.com
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

As an update, the headlights now do the automatic dip and raise when first turned on, but it is random when it happens and not every time I turn the lights on. On my other cars with automatic headlight range motors it happens every time the lights are turned on so I am not sure why on the RS6 it does not.

Mine never does it
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I was under the impression they didnt dip every time, but every few times. Much like the headlight washers that only spray every few times.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

They only do it every time if you have the lights on and turn off the ignition, then turn it back on. other then that they do not go up and down every time.