Thread: Replacement Radiator

Replacement Radiator

Howdy RS6'ers,

My main radiator sprung a leak. Does anyone have a spare they want to part with or is there a source for a replacement somewhere? I've tried a couple of searches, but most list A6/S6/RS6 comparable and not sure it truly fits the RS6. Anyone have a part number to reference?

I found this: https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...SABEgLgm_D_BwE
    but question whether it is what I need.

Appreciate any info you can pass along.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Topcat_92

That sucks. I ran into a problem years ago sourcing a direct replacement radiator. All of the aftermarket options claim to fit the RS6 but lack the 3rd coolant port for the after run pump unique to this car.

Check out this thread for all the information you need.

https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/33890-Radiator-leaking
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Thanks for the reply and thread link.
    Topcat_92

Super cheap and they claim it fits, don't know if the picture is really for the right part, I doubt it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premi...ype=automotive
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Super cheap and they claim it fits, don't know if the picture is really for the right part, I doubt it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premi...ype=automotive
    Based on the picture, it's missing the third port on the drivers side. The challenge with "RS6 Fitment", is apparently some of the early production cars didn't have the afterrun-pump routed back to the radiator, so those cars would not need the third port. The fitment guides don't seem to differentiate between the early and late designs, so they say they fit the RS6, but most likely don't.

It would be interesting to try and verify if the early cars really were different, anyone with a low VIN care to check?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Based on the picture, it's missing the third port on the drivers side. The challenge with "RS6 Fitment", is apparently some of the early production cars didn't have the afterrun-pump routed back to the radiator, so those cars would not need the third port. The fitment guides don't seem to differentiate between the early and late designs, so they say they fit the RS6, but most likely don't.

It would be interesting to try and verify if the early cars really were different, anyone with a low VIN care to check?
    I think you will find the aftermarket ones will not have the third port for the after-run coolant pump. I looked at many pictures and none had it. You can search on my post. I went with a OEM one for about $1k - it was new - built in 2017.

Scott

Seems like someone smarter than me Could 3D print and adapter to add the port with maybe some hose modifications.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA