Thread: So the RS6 is FINALLY coming back to the US after a 16-year hiatus...

Hybrid View

So the RS6 is FINALLY coming back to the US after a 16-year hiatus...

Surprised that nobody else has mentioned this.

Who's getting one?

Opinions?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi-rs6-avant.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	19036  

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Surprised that nobody else has mentioned this.

Who's getting one?

Opinions?

Yeah, there was a little chatter about this back when first announced. Here's one:
    https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/3...S6-for-the-USA

A little spendy - but, I'm sure, worth the price of admission.

I'm quite surprised that AUDI NA have actually agreed to bring this car in. Given that this nation has a strong dislike for wagons (which I do not entirely understand) it will appeal only to a micro-niche of the market. I, for one, love wagons - and think that this new Audi is gorgeous. However, I also understand that I stand with a scant minority. Audi are certainly NOT doing this for revenue reasons.
    Audi RS4 B7, Audi RS6 C5, Audi Allroad 2.7T C5, Audi S4 Cab 4.2L 6MT B6, Audi A6 6MT 2.7T C5, '77 Mercedes 450SEL

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodkiwi View Post
    Yeah, there was a little chatter about this back when first announced. Here's one:
    https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/3...S6-for-the-USA

A little spendy - but, I'm sure, worth the price of admission.

I'm quite surprised that AUDI NA have actually agreed to bring this car in. Given that this nation has a strong dislike for wagons (which I do not entirely understand) it will appeal only to a micro-niche of the market. I, for one, love wagons - and think that this new Audi is gorgeous. However, I also understand that I stand with a scant minority. Audi are certainly NOT doing this for revenue reasons.
    Yeah, sorry about not seeing that thread - didn't mean to duplicate the conversation. I just now noticed that only the most recent posts are visible when not "logged in" - so I hadn't seen that one when I created the new thread.

That said, I'm with you in being surprised. It won't likely make AOA much money, but it IS a heck of a halo car to have here for those in the know...

It's also gorgeous, if a bit fussy in the details, and its stance is perfection.

With fuel economy and needing to haul around a family continue to become more and more of a necessity, small, SUV's and crossovers have begun to trend like never before. I think this also puts wagons in a pretty good position for a comeback, and they can offer a lot of the same capacities as well as even better fuel economy.

They're bringing the A6 and A6 Allroad in Avants as well so it wont be an entirely niche market for executives that like to go fast.

I think Audi bringing it back will be the rebirth for all wagons here. Just wait.

Los Angeles pal of mine saw a pair or Red ones roaming the hillls. Must be finally true!

Sadly, far out of my price range. Would probably buy one eventually after major depreciation. Wouldn't want to give up the C5 or other paid off cars.

On a mechanic/engineering viewpoint, simply not a fan of Hot Banked turbo's. It's the new defacto setup; technically works better. Long term reliability is a real concern, especially if Tuned. Some examples cropping up across the Atlantic in the last year.
    Venturing a guess that USA owners won't be able to run 200MPH very often. That might help some.

A new A6 Tdi all sported out would be a nice compromise. For now the V10 Tdi has been a lot of fun over the last year, great for off-roading. Cruises 100MPH with aplomb like the RS6.

Let's spread the word to help get those RS6 Avants on the street and racking up some miles. I'll just circle over head for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    ...On a mechanic/engineering viewpoint, simply not a fan of Hot Banked turbo's. It's the new defacto setup; technically works better. Long term reliability is a real concern, especially if Tuned.
    It's not really a question of the location of the turbos - it's the engineering and design of the oil and cooling systems for the bearings that are the real issue with many turbo failures...

I saw one on the road in the south of France back in the beginning of October when on vacation with the wife and friends...told our driver in the Sprinter to catch up with a carload of us...that didn't happen!

Hope to see one here at Cars & Coffee in VA in a few weeks...rumor is that there may be one on site...
    My son and I will be there in ours pending the weather (needless to say, our '03...)

Last edited by Muggy; November 25th, 2019 at 12:01.

Muggy,
    I am not going to be able to make it on the 7th.. I planned on attending with some of my children also but I am heading to AZ to pickup a Q7 and I will be driving it back that weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    I saw one on the road in the south of France back in the beginning of October when on vacation with the wife and friends...told our driver in the Sprinter to catch up with a carload of us...that didn't happen!

Hope to see one here at Cars & Coffee in VA in a few weeks...rumor is that there may be one on site...
    My son and I will be there in ours pending the weather (needless to say, our '03...)

2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

I will be in the market for the RS6 Avant, but this time around I won't be one of the first in line to get it. I want to see it in person before I pull the trigger.

This guy goes to the gym with his fancy ear buds.

Doh

Quote Originally Posted by jolio1994 View Post

He is irritating ( stopped watching within the first 10 seconds )

I will wait for another vid

thx though
    Last edited by PCMacDr; December 11th, 2019 at 00:17. Reason: update
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

Quote Originally Posted by PCMacDr View Post
    He is irritating ( stopped watching within the first 10 seconds )

I will wait for another vid

thx though
    Smoking Tire posted this a while ago but figured everyone would have seen it by now. Farah doesnt yell at you PLUS he actually drives the car...

https://youtu.be/3mjQTNSSyYw
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory