Thread: OMG, another 6MT conversion thread.

Threaded View

Back at it yesterday. Gearbox on, shifter and linkages attached. Passenger turbo back on along with all associated in/out coolant/oil lines, new gaskets, seals and crush washers.

Happy with clearance of turbo oil feeder line as it tucks in behind the manifold (this was a discussion point earlier in thread). Final position has it clear of the manifold by 5mm all round.

Spent far too long removing a couple of sheared studs on the turbo-downpipe flange (that I had conveniently forgotten about since removal) - necessitating requisite amounts of heat, brute strength, cursing, drilling, more cursing, beer, and re-tapping. Glad that's behind me.

Question to the OG conversion wizards regarding the Crank Position Sensor: Is the 2.7T CPS required? Or can I use the stock RS6 sensor with a spacer? AFAICT, the sensor is the same mechanism for both - but the RS6 auto version is longer (which, if used, would surely get messed up). Anybody been down this path before? I find no mention on the forum. Actually, what I find on the forum is people referring to the speed sensor - which, I thought was the sensor located at the driver axle flange on the transmission - does that need to be changed too? I'm a bit confused (and not helped by people using the nomenclature to describe one when I think they mean the other).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9838_sm.jpg 
Views:	1156 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	19059  
    Audi RS4 B7, Audi RS6 C5, Audi Allroad 2.7T C5, Audi S4 Cab 4.2L 6MT B6, Audi A6 6MT 2.7T C5, '77 Mercedes 450SEL