Thread: WTB 2003 RS6, current on maintenance and cosmetically sound

Hybrid View

WTB 2003 RS6, current on maintenance and cosmetically sound

I’ve been looking for around two months, but finding it difficult to find what I’m looking for... which is a cosmetically-sound 2003 RS6 (ideally gray, silver, or blue) that is “current” on maintenance, not leaking (badly), with no codes. Seems these cars often find their way to auction, and as a result are driven beyond recommend maintenance intervals and offered with leaking axels/gaskets/seals. Ideally I’m hoping for:

-No more than 125K miles
    -“Current” on timing/ribbed belts, spark plugs, oil change, verified maintenance history
    -Original DRC is a bonus, but quality coil-over is fine
    -Cosmetically “above average” (i.e., no crazy paint chips/dents, headliner intact, no missing engine trays, etc.)
    -Interior well cared-for, no dead pixels, etc.

I understand the challenge of properly maintaining these cars, I’m just looking for one that’s not on the block with $1,000’s of needed work. I figured I’d post here in case someone is close to parting with theirs... ideally located near Virginia Beach, VA!

Sounds like you want mine
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    Sounds like you want mine
    If the shoe fits! I’ve already paid for two inspections on vehicles said to be in excellent shape... only to find the opposite. So I’m tiring of putting up cash to inspect substandard cars ;-)

What are you looking to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    What are you looking to pay for it?
    Probably depends on the mileage and overall condition... but I'm looking to pay around market, so not looking for a 35k-mile unicorn priced at almost $30k. I'm in the mid-teens, anywhere from $13k to $18k.

Sadly mine sold yesterday, good luck.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by AudiPilot View Post

-Interior well cared-for, no dead pixels, etc.
    I thought they came out of the factory with dead pixels in the center display, no? (joking)

As a reference, about a year and a half ago, I got an 88k mile RS6 exactly as you described for $16,250. Two owners, all 4 keys, original window sticker, full service history from new. One small scratch on the rear driver's door, and the beginnings of wear to the soft touch plastics, but otherwise cosmetically 9.5/10. Before purchase, I identified a weeping VC gasket, and a slightly leaking intercooler, but otherwise the car was perfect. (I missed the worn rear window guides, so you have to help the rear windows stay aligned when rolling them up). The top half of my LCD display is blank in 90+ degree Florida heat when sitting all day.

5 minutes into the drive home, the voltage regulator crapped out, and the selling dealer agreed to split the cost with me. 2 months into ownership, and the DRC crapped out, so KW V3's and Hotchkis bars were installed.

Otherwise, she's been a total peach. Currently at 104k, and if it weren't for getting rear ended almost a month ago, I would be driving it today.

You have entirely reasonable expectations, and I think you'll find the right car. I was looking for close to 2 years, and finally found the right one for me. Good luck!

I've been considering parting with mine. It's basically restored with extensive maintenance done by a great mechanic. Blue with black/carbon and very clean interior with almost zero button wear, seats very good. There are a few nicks and scratches here and there, just past 100k. Moderately modified, extra snow wheels set with hakka 7's.

My website has a variety of photos of it. http://audirssix.com/

I'm mixed on letting it go and need to find the right 2016+ S6 or S8 to upgrade to. It's probably worth around $15k with how bad the market is, but I would probably want more as it's a bit of a collector item to me. Covered shipping across the US was $2500 last time I moved. Take a look, I can get detailed photos if we were to get closer to the idea of buying. All receipts from upgrades and maintenance, which has been about $30k the last 6 years to get it back to new mechanically.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I appreciate all the input received... I picked mine up last night, 905707 with 114,750 mi. Some of the highlights:

- New transmission from Audi at 64,812 mi, then Level 10 rebuild at 98,500 mi.
    - Stage 1 European Performance Labs ECM tune.
    - Timing belt (+everything else) at 105k mi.
    - New transmission fluid at 114k mi (during replacement of exit shaft seal).
    - Original DRC

A little rough cosmetically inside (leather is a bit crispy), but the price was right and we'll see how it cleans up with some TLC. I'm planning on a long-term keeper, so I can take care of things over time. Get ready for questions!
    Last edited by AudiPilot; October 19th, 2019 at 20:24.