Thread: Help with Headlight Height Level Sensor wiring harness after coil-over conversion

Help with Headlight Height Level Sensor wiring harness after coil-over conversion

I'm looking at a used RS6 that has a few gremlins, and I'm trying to put a price on them all before I (maybe) go forward with the purchase. One in particular is that the headlight height level sensor -- the car is on KW V3 coil-overs, and the symbol on the center digital display shows the headlights with a question mark (NOT the "dynamic headlight range control faulty" symbol). Tech confirmed the height level sensor is UNPLUGGED, but can't find the wiring harness that would plug into it (maybe it gets removed with the conversion?)... is there some sort of blank-off harness that should've been installed? Hoping someone with coil-over experience can advise how things fit back together with the mod, and how to get rid of the dashboard caution.

Thank you in advance!

The level sensor for the headlights and the harness remain intact when changing over from the DRC suspension to the KW V3 (or any coilover system). When I installed the KW V3 suspension and control arms I simply removed the bracket for the level sensor from the front lower control arm on the driver side front and re-installed it on the new control arm same process for the rear. I never removed the wiring or unplugged the sensor, you should be able to see if the bracket arm and sensor are still installed on the control arm and if not you should be able to find a replacement.
    2003 Avus RS6 | 10SECS4 Tune | GIAC TCU | Apikol Intake | Apikol Intercoolers | Miltek & Catless | KW V3 | Hotckis Sway bars | 034 Control arms & end links | Euro RS6 Recaro seats | RS6+ pedals

Thanks for that! This could be a real head hurter… The tech looked for 30 minutes and could not find the other end of the receptacle that somehow got unplugged from the height level sensor. So either it got tucked away who knows where, or somehow removed.