I considered a lot of different turbo locations. In fact, Nubcake's original post to use the 40v NA manifolds for simplicity and keeping the turbo under the hood similar to the B5 S4 Single Turbo Kits was by far the smartest thing I could've done. Unfortunately with the C4 chassis, an up-pipe would've immediately hit the tie rods, so that idea was scrapped.

Like you said, I'm very limited on resources; the main of which being skill and knowledge so I chose for the next easiest thing which was to just run a collector on either side and a y pipe to the turbo on top. The main goal of this project was to revolve around serviceability and ease to work on. It's sitting about 2" higher than I originally planned, but that's because I decided to reduce the piping down from 3" to 2.5" immediately after the collector to reduce turbo lag.

Had I ran twins there would've been plenty of room on either side for smaller snails, but with this 76mm, there would've been very limited room and I would have had to relocate the fuel filter and severely modify the headlight. Doing a remote setup would've been possible, but would've required a lot more fabrication than I had originally opted for.

While it's not in everybodies best taste, it's what I have to work with and I enjoy the view. And I'll drop a picture of the NA manifolds so you know this was my best option haha

20191104_150840 by Joel Francisco