Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knocking on 11's door...

A few tweaks tonight but I’m pretty much out of turbo at this point

I could take some weight outta the car and put it in the 10’s but I really don’t want too... ugh

Beat my last MPH slip thoooo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C9401244-F6A9-4E2A-A3A5-5E43D2FC1433.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	18877

Drove it to/from
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    A few tweaks tonight but I’m pretty much out of turbo at this point

I could take some weight outta the car and put it in the 10’s but I really don’t want too... ugh

Beat my last MPH slip thoooo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C9401244-F6A9-4E2A-A3A5-5E43D2FC1433.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	18877

Drove it to/from
    Every 100# is a tenth, isn't that the rule of thumb?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Every 100# is a tenth, isn't that the rule of thumb?
    Give or take... so what's an easy 500-600lbs?

Catback, spare tire, front and rear seats with only a lighter driverseat in place, 3 gallons of E85 for one pass, We gotta be pretty close.

The dry iced intercooler nitrous car is above me now lol... even tho that's an international unregulated airstrip time, its still a goal

I'm coming for that spot

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi--RS-6-Drag-Racing.html

If anyone is interested in buying this thing let me know, i want to sell to fund a dedicated drag car build with an old 70's audi shell or something

I still daily drive it everyday
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Very nice! so what are your engine upgrades? just curious, i don't your build.

Quote Originally Posted by jolio1994 View Post
    Give or take... so what's an easy 500-600lbs?

Catback, spare tire, front and rear seats with only a lighter driverseat in place, 3 gallons of E85 for one pass, We gotta be pretty close.
    Breadbox battery, RNS-E, back seats out, all sorts of BS in the trunk...
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by rah View Post
    Very nice! so what are your engine upgrades? just curious, i don't your build.
    Stock block and heads, the rest is in my sig.

Diggin' the updated sig!

This is very deep thread search but have you tried the Dhall1 tried and true and tested "spray the Intercooler with water before launch" trick?

Some fast S8's out there, into the 10's for a few!

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi--S8-Drag-Racing.html
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Some fast S8's out there, into the 10's for a few!

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi--S8-Drag-Racing.html

Yep, MY MPH makes this a 10 sec car as you can see with most of those and also the s6/7/rs7 guys but this trans doesn't shift instantly like those cars haha.

We still need to mod the TCU some more for my set-up. I have a few different options left on the table for this car to reach that 10 sec barrier, it's just the TCU don't wanna let her eat

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    This is very deep thread search but have you tried the Dhall1 tried and true and tested "spray the Intercooler with water before launch" trick?
    Thats mostly an issue for pump gas cars. I'm on E85. Wouldn't do much for me... that and the track guys hate water downs

Do the dew! And then bury rpm needle.... a little in car video of what’s going on at the track

https://youtu.be/EsUEwmr7tT0

Very nice man, loving the stats and the sig!

Finally got around to charging the A/C again! Lol

This car is still for sale! I have reached my goals with this platform and will be moving on to another Audi build.

Will consider trades for a stocker and some cash as I would love to keep an RS6 around!

If your our interested in this please send a PM, In order to be the first 10 second C5 it’s going to need more trans tune work! I have a few solutions and will point you in the right direction.