Thread: FS:03 RS6-Ebony/blk- factory Sport Exhaust, stock, $10,500

Hybrid View

FS:03 RS6-Ebony/blk- factory Sport Exhaust, stock, $10,500

So this is my 2nd RS6 and I honestly thought this was going to be my forever RS but I need another SUV in the household and have been working with our own DHall on getting a Q7 Tdi to replace this RS6.

My original thought was to have Steve Kendrish convert this to a manual but I do enjoy it as it left the factory , a period performance super sedan from the early 2000's w/ slushbox and all. After all, I have a 625hp BMW M4 so my power needs are easily met and nothing I do to the RS6 would even come close to what the M4 can do.

This car is somewhat known on this board, which is why I bought it in the first place. Both owners, Bobski and Humantic are long time members and were excellent caretakers of this beast.

The car comes with a profound stack of records from 2004 to the present. It's probably the only North American C5 RS6 that ever went back Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2011.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	18866 to Germany as Bobski worked for the US Embassy and had it shipped there during his tenure...Berlin iirc. All the Customs forms are in the paperwork as well. While there it had the tranny replaced at Quattro GmBh , again w/ supporting doc and matching VIN #'s and when I ran the serial number of the replacement trans, it showed up as an RS6 Plus ZF unit, so overall a stronger tranny. To this day, it shifts amazing with no signs of fatigue.

The only mod to this RS is the DRC delete . It has Koni Sports on OEM springs.

When I bought it from Craig aka Humantic, it was a great deal as it needed some serious TLC on the cosmetic side and basically all new brakes and front suspension refresh, but his shop did some heavy lifting such as Cam tensioners, the last timing belt job at 158K from what I see on the sticker and some other bits and bobs.

I used to work for Audi USA so I still have connections and got one of our top body shops to do a respray on the front ( hood, bumper and fenders ) as well as wetsanding the entire car. It looks amazing, and I know some members on here that have seen it and can attest to that.

During my ownership, other than the paint, I had all new Brembo brakes installed, LCA's , swayer bushings, tie rods and pad sensors done last Fall.

It needs a new fan temp sensor as its starting to show the signs its on its way out, I'm having a new one installed in a few days.

I fitted some early prototype HRE 19in rotary forged wheels I scored from an old friend that worked for them back in the day. These are 19x10's and have new Pirelli P1 Summer Hi Performance tires, 275 30 19's. These have about 500 miles on them. The wheels are in perfect condition.

Overall, the health of the car is solid. It drives great and everything works as it should. Cold AC, heated seats and all power functions are good. It still, even with 190K miles pulls like a train . It blows my mind how little power these 4.2's lose over time, basically no different than my friends RS6 with 35K miles on it.

Lastly, no old car is perfect. What its going to need soon, is it has a minor weep/leak coming from what looks to be the oil pan and both VC's. More so from the oil pan. Its migrating towards the tranny and rear exhaust pipes but not to the point where its smoking or anything like that. In fact, its barely hitting the ground, but you will need to address that someday soon. It was there when I bought it and hasn't gotten worse.

This one is one of the good ones. Not some beat on, slammed RS. It has tons of life left and is stunning to look at.

PM if you have any questions. I'm pretty close to firm on the price as I've spent an inordinate sum of money getting it to my standards. I'll add more pics later today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1702.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	18863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2012.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	18864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1701.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	18865

Name:	IMG_2012.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	18864
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

I say this in the best reference to the old Fantasy Island intro....

The wheels! The wheels! The wheels!
    Last edited by DHall1; June 12th, 2019 at 02:13.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I say this in the best reference to the old Fantasy Island into...

The wheels! The wheels! The wheels!
    Haha ! thanks Dave. I'll be in touch by the weekend.

Mike
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

Bump w/ price drop to $10,000.

That's a ton of car for the money. My new track wheels/slicks combo for my GT4 cost me $7500 let alone a solid RS6 for my asking.
    Cell is 518 Two zero 0 - 19 two Zero.

Mike

Mike, the car is looking very nice. I sent a message to BOBSKI to let him know. I love the look with the new wheels. Anyone looking at this listing should know that this particular RS6 is a very solid car. BOBSKI took excellent care of it and had some special attention given to it by the Audi factory while it was in Germany. It remained a strong and reliable car while I had it and we did our best to give it the loving care it deserved. I truly believe that when I bought the car it was the best value available at the time. Anyone acquiring this now would be getting a car that has plenty of life left in it as well as a great price, especially with the tasteful upgrades Mike has given it. Mike, I wish you all the best and good luck with the sale.

-craig-
    2015 Q7 TDI 2013 TTS 2003 RS6 2000 A6 4.2 Widebody
    1984 Thunderbird (351 Supercharged) 1975 Nissan Fairlady Z

Thanks Craig !

A few more pics . Just took delivery of my new to me Cayenne S , so throw me a reasonable offer for the RS6.

Name:	IMG_0416.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	18915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1569 2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	18916

I can confirm the above story. I was a Foreign Service Officer with the Dept of State and had my (this) RS6 in Germany with me. I was stationed in Frankfurt. Plus, this car was a Southwestern car from AZ and NM. Cool to see it again. Been driving a Macan Turbo the last two years-lots of fun.
    Bobski
    03 RS6 Black/Black stock
    01 TT stage 2+ silver with baseball red

Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    I can confirm the above story. I was a Foreign Service Officer with the Dept of State and had my (this) RS6 in Germany with me. I was stationed in Frankfurt. Plus, this car was a Southwestern car from AZ and NM. Cool to see it again. Been driving a Macan Turbo the last two years-lots of fun.
    This is very cool that all 3 of us are here talking about an RS that we've all love and owned. I'm pretty sure if you saw the car now you'd be very pleased as it looks amazing..pretty much showroom condition and I've left it stock.

My 1st one was tuned and had DP's and I was perfectly content leaving it as it left the factory.

I'm actually giving my Cayenne S to my wife once the 2017 Macan GTS my friend is leasing comes off term in the Fall . It barely has 9K miles and I'll get it CPO from my Porsche dealership.

Thanks for chiming in guys !!
    Have a great rest of Summer.

Mike

It's very tempting Mike. Especially since I'm heading to Germany for the next year. However, I can't convince my wife to sell her car, so we're taking her TTS with us.

-craig-
    2015 Q7 TDI 2013 TTS 2003 RS6 2000 A6 4.2 Widebody
    1984 Thunderbird (351 Supercharged) 1975 Nissan Fairlady Z

Sold !!!!

Nice, guess that confirms mine is priced right with everything done to it recently.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)