Thread: RNSE starting to go

Hybrid View

RNSE starting to go

Guys I need so help. My RNSE that I have had in since 2005 is starting to go. Screen getting messed up etc. I need to find a replacement unit. Question on where to find one and what I need to look for. Its been 14 years so I dont remember . Mine was a euro unit with TV etc, though I didnt use it. What models work and dont work?
    Thanks
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

When I had mine, I went thru ZAWA to get it. Plug Play
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I am in the process of installing an Android/Car Play system in mine. The look is close to stock but the colors are a little off (Audi has that greyish rubber look and I cannot find how to replicate it). I will say having Car Play is very nice to have.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Quote Originally Posted by Chung View Post
    I am in the process of installing an Android/Car Play system in mine. The look is close to stock but the colors are a little off (Audi has that greyish rubber look and I cannot find how to replicate it). I will say having Car Play is very nice to have.
    Can I ask what you went with? I’ve had Alpine in previous vehicles, and their styling is subtle enough to me that it might not totally undo the OE “purist” goal. Curious though how well it drives the speaker system... when I bought the RS6 it had a terrible-looking Jensen screen that I’m pretty sure was driving only the in-door upper speakers/tweeters. Immediately replaced it with the OE head.

Perfect thanks. When I got mine back in 2005 it was a more challenging situation
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

I've seen C5 RNS-E unit (correct trim) on quattroworld and audizine lately. Not sure if they are older/newer. I think around 2010 was the newer model year (Larger SD cards, Traffic, HD screen).
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Sorry for the delay. I went with a unit from androidautoshop https://androidautoshop.com/audi/154.../26-map-europe. Not the best customer support but it did eventually arrive. I have a Carplay wireless dongle that I am still ironing out the bugs on. When it works it is great, Carplay is started automatically and you are ready to go. The issue I think I have is the headunit doesn't put out enough current. I am working on adding a powered USB hub to see if that fixes my issues. Overall it looks pretty stock but the black color tone is a little different. Audio quality is a downgrade from the stock unit but not massive.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Thanks for the info on your setup!